Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: mid 30's and ready to go for it !!  (Read 4618 times)

dta

Re: mid 30's and ready to go for it !!
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2004, 03:09:49 AM »
Glad i found this site. I'm 33, married, a baby on the way, and planning for law school in fall 2005. Wow! What a career/life change! Fortunately, I have a wonderful and supportive wife.

It's great to see so many others taking the career change plunge!

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2004, 08:17:31 AM »
This totally makes me feel ten times better reading this and knowing there are so many people in the same boat as me to a degree!

I've been taking care of my mom (she's disabled) for the past 10yrs while trying to finish my BS in bio (I'll FINALLY be done in August, yay!). I'm taking my LSAT in June as well and hope that my score will make up for my GPA which took a serious nose-dive a few years back.

But I wish everybody who's taking the test in June the best of luck and good luck in your applications for next year! I hope to see some more helpful hints here in the meantime. :)  Thanks!

nathanielmark

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2004, 09:30:19 AM »
Im 28, have a 5 month old son, a mortgage, and work for a large IT services company.

I am taking the LSAT in june and will be applying to 5 local PT programs in the fall.  best of luck to everyone.

jgruber

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2004, 01:02:34 PM »
Let's put it this way.
When I discussed the idea of going to law school with my grandchildren, they thought it was a good idea.   :D

bf3george

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2004, 04:42:41 PM »
i'm 34 and giving it a shot.  i was a crappy student in my teens and twenties, but went back a few years ago and got another degree...finished that one with a 3.9, and took the lsat last year and made 167.  none of that may matter given my enduring crappiness as a young student, but the fingers are crossed.  hoping not to be a walking cautionary tale for future generations.

jgruber

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2004, 09:31:22 AM »
i'm 34 and giving it a shot.  i was a crappy student in my teens and twenties, but went back a few years ago and got another degree...finished that one with a 3.9, and took the lsat last year and made 167.  none of that may matter given my enduring crappiness as a young student, but the fingers are crossed.  hoping not to be a walking cautionary tale for future generations.

Perhaps a bribe or two in the right place could make those earlier transcripts disappear.   ;)

jgruber

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2004, 09:33:12 AM »
Im 28, have a 5 month old son, a mortgage, and work for a large IT services company.

I am taking the LSAT in june and will be applying to 5 local PT programs in the fall.  best of luck to everyone.

Five local part-time programs?  :o Geez, I wish I had that many options.  Where are you located? 

JuanPRL

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 12:24:11 PM »
I just turned 35, am a single dad, been working in the legal field for seven years, just completed my second undergraduated degree (3.729 GPA) and I have two LSAT scores...131 & 141.  I'm thinking about taking the LSAT again in hopes of scoring in the 160's.  Any advice anyone? 

dta

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 12:34:55 PM »
what kind of law school do you want to go to? Tier 1 or 2? If so you'll definitely need to take the LSAT again and study very very hard for it. Unfortunately, most schools average your LSAT w/ any previously taken LSAT's, so you'll really need to crank up your LSAT.

JuanPRL

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2004, 02:37:52 PM »
Thanks dta.  Well as far as schools go, based on where I live (Miami, Fl.) Tier 1 is out. Tier 2 or 3 will do for me.  Hell, worse case scenario, Tier 4 will do.  I know that the school average two LSAT scores, so I'm going to have to take the LSAT again.  I enjoy the way the LSAT makes you think, however, I can do without the pressures of it being a timed test.