Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: deleting out per LSAC policy  (Read 1262 times)

AMTK

• View Profile
deleting out per LSAC policy
« on: October 02, 2006, 01:43:21 PM »
sorry

bosco17

Re: final thoughts on sept 06 RC
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 01:52:22 PM »
when i came across the last passage, and saw it was science related... i was relieved at first. the culture passage had some difficult questions, and i figured, the science one would be pretty straightforward... obviously, that wasn't the case. i still remember seeing like 30 seconds left on my timer, and trying to figure out how i was going to answer the last two questions, and just seeing that the last question took up like half the page. very frustrating.

.zone.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 01:54:49 PM »
I agree.  The questions themselves were WAY too long.  There wasn't any empty space.  Too overwhelming for my eyes.   :o  I need to see blank space that signals some type of end.  :P

Skipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 01:55:18 PM »
I forgot to start my timer (it was section 1 for me) which threw me off. I must have spent 11minutes on passage 1.

Then I did passage 2, then I rushed through passage 4, then skimmed passage 3 and guessed on all of the questions.

>:(

I echo your comments on the question stem and answer choice length.

Skipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 02:04:42 PM »
What I thought was the tipping point for the RC passage was the (perceived) high number of MBT, or inference questions and the sheer length of each answer choice.   

I recall thinking this as well when I was guessing on the last passage I did. I recall looking for the global or detail questions to do first and there were only one or two out of 8.

TopGunna

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's not easy being TTT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 02:23:42 PM »
Yeah, the last Science passage got all D's from me.  That tells you my timing on that bullsh*t section.
WAITING IS A female dog!  3 weeks :(

CapriceLO3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 01:31:20 AM »
The last two passages in R.C...wow. Just...wow. I didn't get to that last passage until 5 minutes left in the section. I looked at the sheer length of the answer choices and nearly pissed myself. I felt like I was about to read a manual on how to fully-assemble a Boeing 767 from scratch. I skimmed through the passage, didn't understand much, guessed, and prayed. 'Nuff said.

younghova

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 01:52:34 AM »
well, this seems to be a continuation of the general trend that the RC gets tougher and the LG gets easier.

CapriceLO3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 01:56:53 AM »
well, this seems to be a continuation of the general trend that the RC gets tougher and the LG gets easier.

Gets easier? I thought the L.G. was still more difficult than about 8/10 practice full-length LSATs I took. It seems like the L.G. and R.C. both became substantially more challenging than any other LSAT in the last 3 or so years.

younghova

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 02:21:54 AM »
yeah, i agree.

i mean this lg is easier compared to those of the 1990s.  but i def. think this lg  and rc were more difficult than the recent tests.