Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: deleted out  (Read 3015 times)

AMTK

• View Profile
deleted out
« on: October 01, 2006, 03:33:24 PM »
sorry

Broohaha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
im in the exact same situation as you except i wasnt practicing in the high 170s, more like 169-174.

i got shellshocked by not being able to get to the last two RC questions and that effected me the rest of the test. also, i finished games with six minutes left but i was so lazy and hazy by that point that i didnt bother to go back and do difficult problems and now, in the postmortem, i might have gotten a couple more extra wrong than i thought.

Chandler Bing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
After reading the post-mortem, I think I did pretty well...maybe a couple points above my practice average even. I'm almost completely sure I aced the games (-0). And I think, aside from the 2 questions I had to random bubble at the end of RC, I aced that section too...or at least the first three passages. I was in the zone a little.

LR is a bit of a question mark, but I think I made the right choices for the most part. I know for a fact I got one question wrong (the one with the capital letters in the title), and there are a few that are up in the air (psychotherapy, carrots, mountain climbers). But I'm actually feeling pretty good.
Monica (attending): Northwestern!
Rachel/Phoebe (still in the running): Northwestern $$, Chicago $
Janice(withdrawn): SLU, Loyola Chicago, Chicago-Kent, Depaul, UIUC, Duke, WUSTL

Cycle's over!

bluedevil4

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
during the final week of study i was at a consistent 175-177

I had to fill in "c" for 6 RC questions and probably missed at least a couple more due to rushing . . . and usually i only get 1 or 2 at the most wrong on RC. There just wasn't enough time - with 28 longer than usual questions.

sigh
?? '10 (But it's gonna be somewhere, dammit!!)

bosco17

i feel awful. couldn't sleep last night. friend/family trying to cheer me up but it's not working. i really was hoping for above a 170 (which based on where i was practicing, was incredibly realistic) and now i'm just hoping i got above a 160... this sucks.

bosco17

what scares me the most about cancelling this score is... it puts SO much pressure on the December test. I really, really don't want to take that test solely because I wont sleep for the entire week leading up to it. As difficult as it to say, if the score I get on the October test is decent enough to get me into a decent school, Ill forget about my dreams of going somewhere great.

mL4300ic

I was practicing in the 170-180 range, with more scores falling in the 174-180 range than in the 170-173 range. I don't think there's much chance that I'll get anything above a 173 though, and I might not even crack 170. I don't know if my "hopes have been dashed," though, since I didn't go into the exam expecting a certain score. I just did the best I could with the little sleep that I got over the two days before the test. I wasn't nervous during the exam, but that was probably because I was delirious from the lack of sleep.

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
what scares me the most about cancelling this score is... it puts SO much pressure on the December test. I really, really don't want to take that test solely because I wont sleep for the entire week leading up to it. As difficult as it to say, if the score I get on the October test is decent enough to get me into a decent school, Ill forget about my dreams of going somewhere great.

I agree with FJMV ... honestly... could you do any worse than yesterday??? I dont see myself being able to.  Also... low scores may still linger in adcomm's minds, obviously someone with 1 175 will be looked upon better than someone with a 165 and a 175, all other things equal.

Finally, with so many law schools in this country, the accepted mantra has become "go big or go home" ... honestly, unless you're gunning for top schools, law school just doesn't seem like a very feasable choice, and for top schools you will need top scores, so this october score wont do a damn thing for us I dont think.

goosenesque

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I feel everyone's pain.  Before the test I was hoping for something 167+ so I can assure myself my top 2 choices (Boalt, UCLA), but not I'm not sure if I made much over 162-3.  Oh well, we did all we could, right?

Beamrag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
I feel the same way as many of you. I usually averaged only 1 or 2 wrong on RC sections, and was feeling really good going into the test yesterday, and it was really unnerving to feel so unsure about my best section. I don't think it affected me too much on the rest of the test, but wow, that section was very difficult. I straight up guessed on several, and made "educated" guesses on several others. I don't even feel great about the ones I didn't guess on. I wouldn't say my hopes are dashed though, let's not be too pessimistic. I'm certainly not going to cancel. Let's just hope for a good curve, which I don't think is too unreasonable to hope for considering how badly many people think they did on RC.

Try not to agonize about it in the meantime...courage!