Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Your LSAT story:)))  (Read 7020 times)

orangie

• Sr. Citizen
  • GULC '10
    • View Profile
Your LSAT story:)))
« on: October 01, 2006, 04:31:22 AM »
I am sure you've got something interesting to tell, so tell it here ;)

I was given two test booklets...and the second I said "oh, I already have one," I realized how much easier the post mortem would be had I just remained silent and took the second one :)

The proctors also called time on the first section (which was the evil RC for me) about two minutes early, and then to redeem themselves, they added extra two minutes on the second one (experimental, of course >:( ).

Chandler Bing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Your LSAT story:)))
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 11:21:21 AM »
I got to bed at 10 and fell asleep pretty much right away. I woke up at 1, wide awake, so I called my boyfriend and talked to him for about half an hour until I felt sleepy again. So I fell asleep for about 45 minutes. Then I woke up again, only to hear some people in the alley behind my apartment yelling. I figured they were drunk and walking back from a party or something, so I turned over. After an hour of not being able to get to sleep because these guys were STILL in the alley, I got out of bed and went to my balcony. There were about 8 guys playing soccer in this alley...

I yelled down at them, "Hey, guys, do you think you could find another alley to play in?"
They said, "No, this is the only alley we could find."
Then I lost it. "Well, could you SHUT THE F*CK UP? I'M GETTING UP FOR THE LSAT IN 3 AND A HALF HOURS!"
They laughed. One of them yelled up to me "Stupid b*tch. What do you expect on a Friday night?" (certainly not the loudest game of soccer in history to be happening behind my apartment complex at 3:30 in the morning)
Then, the best part. One of them asked another "Isn't the LSAT that thing you take in high school to get into college?"

I was pissed. I slammed the door to my porch, went in my room, and turned on the Full House marathon on Nick at Nite and tried to fall back asleep. I was so steamed, that didn't happen for another half hour.

So I ended up getting about 6 hours of sleep the night before when I should have been able to get a full 8. Thank G-d for adrenaline is all I have to say.
Monica (attending): Northwestern!
Rachel/Phoebe (still in the running): Northwestern $$, Chicago $
Janice(withdrawn): SLU, Loyola Chicago, Chicago-Kent, Depaul, UIUC, Duke, WUSTL

Cycle's over!

orangie

• Sr. Citizen
  • GULC '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 12:56:31 PM »
oh that sucks :-\

Anyone else wants to share?

Hey Now

• Sr. Citizen
  • This Is Why I'm Hot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 06:39:02 PM »
I'd have killed for 6 hours of sleep.  I got maybe 4/5, after falling asleep at 11, waking up an hour later, and taking until 3 or so to fall asleep again.  It only really affected me on the 3rd section, i think.
Law School Yeah

.zone.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 09:10:37 PM »
I couldn't get much sleep either.  Down at 12, up at 3, not down again until about 6:30 DESPITE taking sleeping pills at 3:15...up again at 7:05.  Weird.

Nothing else special...except someone stole some of my snacks.  Meanies. >:(

Missmack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 04:05:44 AM »
I signed up for Arcadia testing center because it was near my house. I wanted to get acquainted with the test center so the week before i got directions. I noticed that my LSAT admission ticket spelled Arcadia in a funny way in the address portion. It wrote, "Arcata". Could this strange misspelling actually be another city. No.. it can't be. Oh it was. And one that was 800 miles away, at that. First i went into shock. Then there were tears.  Finally, i realized that a woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do. reserved a hotel, rental car and plane ticket. Well, a delayed flight, a parking ticket and an evening at Baite's hotel later- it was not so bad. I'm home safe and sound. And all that extra stress actually distracted me from being nervous for the LSAT. Turns out only 15 people in that little town took that LSAT that day, all really earthy cool people. And a couple of very lax proctors. All in all, not as bad as I thought it would be. But I sure couldve done w/o that RC section. Damn that thing.

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 05:20:34 AM »
some guy hired a mariachi band to play outside our window when we were taking the test to distract us. they had to call the police to get them to leave.
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 07:30:12 AM »
I got to bed at 10 and fell asleep pretty much right away. I woke up at 1, wide awake, so I called my boyfriend and talked to him for about half an hour until I felt sleepy again. So I fell asleep for about 45 minutes. Then I woke up again, only to hear some people in the alley behind my apartment yelling. I figured they were drunk and walking back from a party or something, so I turned over. After an hour of not being able to get to sleep because these guys were STILL in the alley, I got out of bed and went to my balcony. There were about 8 guys playing soccer in this alley...

I yelled down at them, "Hey, guys, do you think you could find another alley to play in?"
Then I lost it. "Well, could you SHUT THE F*CK UP? I'M GETTING UP FOR THE LSAT IN 3 AND A HALF HOURS!"
They laughed. One of them yelled up to me "Stupid b*tch. What do you expect on a Friday night?" (certainly not the loudest game of soccer in history to be happening behind my apartment complex at 3:30 in the morning)
Then, the best part. One of them asked another "Isn't the LSAT that thing you take in high school to get into college?"

I was pissed. I slammed the door to my porch, went in my room, and turned on the Full House marathon on Nick at Nite and tried to fall back asleep. I was so steamed, that didn't happen for another half hour.

So I ended up getting about 6 hours of sleep the night before when I should have been able to get a full 8. Thank G-d for adrenaline is all I have to say.

You could've just called the cops...

orangie

• Sr. Citizen
  • GULC '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 09:11:10 AM »
some guy hired a mariachi band to play outside our window when we were taking the test to distract us. they had to call the police to get them to leave.

Are you serious?  :o

Chandler Bing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 10:28:21 AM »

You could've just called the cops...

Yeah...wasn't coherent enough to think of that...  ::)
Monica (attending): Northwestern!
Rachel/Phoebe (still in the running): Northwestern $$, Chicago $
Janice(withdrawn): SLU, Loyola Chicago, Chicago-Kent, Depaul, UIUC, Duke, WUSTL

Cycle's over!