Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Your LSAT story:)))  (Read 6806 times)

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Your LSAT story:)))
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 06:54:09 AM »
some guy hired a mariachi band to play outside our window when we were taking the test to distract us. they had to call the police to get them to leave.

I might have a crush on you. It's hard to tell on the internet.

yea. it's cool though
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon

mjb

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 01:38:38 PM »

I got woken up at 4 AM by super loud mexican music. I was lucky enough to fall back asleep.

TheCanadian

• Sr. Citizen
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 01:46:10 PM »
some guy hired a mariachi band to play outside our window when we were taking the test to distract us. they had to call the police to get them to leave.
If that actually happened...that was a verty bastardly thing to do.
Excuse me, I just noticed you noticing me and I just wanted to give you notice that I noticed you too.

Ibsulon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 06:42:19 PM »
I think I would have welcomed the music, actually. :D

Mine feels tame by comparison. I forgot my timer, so I had to go back to my car to get it for my second half. I lost 2 or 3 off my raw score, but I think I did good *enough*... Otherwise, December here I come!

sandiegolaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 04:28:39 AM »
I copy and pasted this from  my other thread

Ok, last weekend was pretty bad. I had to drive over 300 miles to take the LSAT. Drove up Friday night and got a motel room a few miles from the testing center. Fell asleep around 11pm like I had wanted to, but woke up wide-awake at 2 am and could not go back to sleep. Tossed and turned until about 7:00am, got up and got ready and headed over to the lobby to enjoy a nice continental breakfast. As I headed back to my room, I passed by my car and noticed a completely flat tire. Checked the other side, and the other one is completely flat. Great, it's now 7:50 and I've got two flats and am 3 or 4 miles away from the school. I panicked, called a cab, and got to the facility on time.

Started the test (I had reading comp first) and struggled through the first passage. I am usually pretty good at RC but I could not find my pace nor could I maintain my focus. The second and third passages went fairly well, but I think I skipped question 14, thinking I would come back to it later. I then got to the last passage with only about 4 minutes left...great. I skimmed the passage and started answering the questions. As I began the bubbling for quesiton #24, I realized that I was bubbling in #23. sh*t! I now had about 2 minutes left and started to really freak out. I looked back and saw that question 14 was filled in. I couldn't remember for sure whether I had skipped 14 or if I had realized I was short on time and bubbled in a guess and moved on. I checked the answer to 14 and it was what I had it narrowed down to in my test booklet. I checked 15 and it also matched the answer I had marked in my book. However, these two answer choices were the same (D). I only had about 30 seconds left at this point and decided it would be best to try to answer the last 4 questions in the section with educated guesses. I ended up blindly guessing D on the last 4.

I'm a type 1 diabetic and forgot to take my insulin after eating a bagel for breakfast. As I finished the second section, I began feeling the symptoms of hyperglycemia (dry mouth, blurred vision, nausea-basically, I felt like crap).  After looking over the PM, I don't think I missed too many more than my average on the 3rd section (LR). I tested my blood sugar at the break and it was really high. I took some insulin and headed back for sections 4 and 5. I think I pretty much aced the games, missing 3 at the most. I also think I did about slightly below average on the final LR section.

ALSO:

A few sorority sluts stood outside of the window I was sitting next to and they proceeded to have the loudest, most inane conversation about rush outfits for at least 2 straight minutes during the 3rd LR section.

Another proctor kept opening and closing the door to our small classroom, several times coming in and having whisper conversations with my proctor. Is this standard procedure? It was kind of distracting to have the door swing open and hearing whispering during the test.

This didn't really affect me, but my proctor told the class that the final writing sample had to be written in cursive, surely screwing over several of the less well prepared.

Got a speeding ticket on my drive home

mjb

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 11:20:32 AM »

Ok, last weekend was pretty bad. I had to drive over 300 miles to take the LSAT. Drove up Friday night and got a motel room a few miles from the testing center. Fell asleep around 11pm like I had wanted to, but woke up wide-awake at 2 am and could not go back to sleep. Tossed and turned until about 7:00am, got up and got ready and headed over to the lobby to enjoy a nice continental breakfast. As I headed back to my room, I passed by my car and noticed a completely flat tire. Checked the other side, and the other one is completely flat. Great, it's now 7:50 and I've got two flats and am 3 or 4 miles away from the school. I panicked, called a cab, and got to the facility on time.

Started the test (I had reading comp first) and struggled through the first passage. I am usually pretty good at RC but I could not find my pace nor could I maintain my focus. The second and third passages went fairly well, but I think I skipped question 14, thinking I would come back to it later. I then got to the last passage with only about 4 minutes left...great. I skimmed the passage and started answering the questions. As I began the bubbling for quesiton #24, I realized that I was bubbling in #23. sh*t! I now had about 2 minutes left and started to really freak out. I looked back and saw that question 14 was filled in. I couldn't remember for sure whether I had skipped 14 or if I had realized I was short on time and bubbled in a guess and moved on. I checked the answer to 14 and it was what I had it narrowed down to in my test booklet. I checked 15 and it also matched the answer I had marked in my book. However, these two answer choices were the same (D). I only had about 30 seconds left at this point and decided it would be best to try to answer the last 4 questions in the section with educated guesses. I ended up blindly guessing D on the last 4.

I'm a type 1 diabetic and forgot to take my insulin after eating a bagel for breakfast. As I finished the second section, I began feeling the symptoms of hyperglycemia (dry mouth, blurred vision, nausea-basically, I felt like crap).  After looking over the PM, I don't think I missed too many more than my average on the 3rd section (LR). I tested my blood sugar at the break and it was really high. I took some insulin and headed back for sections 4 and 5. I think I pretty much aced the games, missing 3 at the most. I also think I did about slightly below average on the final LR section.

ALSO:

A few sorority sluts stood outside of the window I was sitting next to and they proceeded to have the loudest, most inane conversation about rush outfits for at least 2 straight minutes during the 3rd LR section.

Another proctor kept opening and closing the door to our small classroom, several times coming in and having whisper conversations with my proctor. Is this standard procedure? It was kind of distracting to have the door swing open and hearing whispering during the test.

This didn't really affect me, but my proctor told the class that the final writing sample had to be written in cursive, surely screwing over several of the less well prepared.

You sound like the perfect canidate for a cancellation. Are you going to?

TheCanadian

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 03:37:37 PM »
I'm a type 1 diabetic, and am slightly concerned about how that may factor in. I VERY RARELY forget to take injections now but I'm afraid of the effect of stress on blood sugars. Also, there's the whole potential for lows as a result of injection mis-calcs. But highs are by far the worst cuz lows I find are easier to fix and sometimes it takes a little while longer for the effects of highs to settle. I kind of find it a bit reassuring that there's someone else out there that can relate and managed to still write the LSAT w/o TOO much trouble.

Also how did the whole insluin food thing go...were you able to have your insulin pens and small food items and water on hand with you? When dehydration hits sometimes you just need the water bottle on hand to take a small sip to moisten the mouth...I'm sorry if I'm being annoying and asking a bunch of questions lol...I'm just freaking out about it. Would an Endo's note perhaps allow me to have those things on me while writing? It's just make it more convenient than having to rush over to another room or w/e in order to inject or w/e else.
Excuse me, I just noticed you noticing me and I just wanted to give you notice that I noticed you too.

sandiegolaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »
I'm a type 1 diabetic, and am slightly concerned about how that may factor in. I VERY RARELY forget to take injections now but I'm afraid of the effect of stress on blood sugars. Also, there's the whole potential for lows as a result of injection mis-calcs. But highs are by far the worst cuz lows I find are easier to fix and sometimes it takes a little while longer for the effects of highs to settle. I kind of find it a bit reassuring that there's someone else out there that can relate and managed to still write the LSAT w/o TOO much trouble.

Also how did the whole insluin food thing go...were you able to have your insulin pens and small food items and water on hand with you? When dehydration hits sometimes you just need the water bottle on hand to take a small sip to moisten the mouth...I'm sorry if I'm being annoying and asking a bunch of questions lol...I'm just freaking out about it. Would an Endo's note perhaps allow me to have those things on me while writing? It's just make it more convenient than having to rush over to another room or w/e in order to inject or w/e else.

I usually never forget to take my insulin, but I was distracted by the morning's events and totally spaced out. Yes, the highs are the worst, but I think both would be really bad during a test. When my BS is low, I cannot see straight and my thoughts become very disoriented. This was actually the scenario I was dreading leading up to the test.

I brought my little blood sugar tester and a syringe and a bottle of insulin and kept it under my seat, but did not mention to anyone that I was diabetic and didn't take the insulin until the break. I also brought a juice pouch and water but the proctor said not to drink during the test because it would be distracting. Lots of people had food under their desks. I didn't think I would need anything during the test, but you should probably bring a note if you are worried about a situation like mine. They could probably put you in a seat in the back row so you would not be distracting if you needed to give yourself some insulin.

The symptoms were really distracting too. I'm sure my ketone levels were high, my blood sugar level was 330!

I think

sandiegolaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2006, 09:40:49 PM »

ALSO:

You sound like the perfect canidate for a cancellation. Are you going to?

I'm not really sure. I made this thread to try to help me decide:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,72018.0.html

TheCanadian

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2006, 12:32:20 AM »

I usually never forget to take my insulin, but I was distracted by the morning's events and totally spaced out. Yes, the highs are the worst, but I think both would be really bad during a test. When my BS is low, I cannot see straight and my thoughts become very disoriented. This was actually the scenario I was dreading leading up to the test.

I brought my little blood sugar tester and a syringe and a bottle of insulin and kept it under my seat, but did not mention to anyone that I was diabetic and didn't take the insulin until the break. I also brought a juice pouch and water but the proctor said not to drink during the test because it would be distracting. Lots of people had food under their desks. I didn't think I would need anything during the test, but you should probably bring a note if you are worried about a situation like mine. They could probably put you in a seat in the back row so you would not be distracting if you needed to give yourself some insulin.

The symptoms were really distracting too. I'm sure my ketone levels were high, my blood sugar level was 330!

I think

Yeah, I think I'm going to end up getting a note. Man, it's like having temporary ADD when you get a high (although I think I might have it anyway...) there's no way of focussing...I hate it. As for the ketones, I'm particularily dreading that. I've been in kedoacidosis a couple tiems allready and it sucks majorly. I was excused from an exam once because my BSL was (believe it or not)666mg/dl or roughly 37 mmol/l (we go by mmol/l up here in Canada)...that's what it was when they ran tests at the hospital (metres can't test anything past 33). The scary part is that it has been higher than that  :-\...Now my sugars very rarely dip past 216mg/dl (12mmol/l), but I'm nervous about this LSAT, and afraid of how the stress might change my good streak.

Btw...u take syringes? You should consider switching to pens (if you insulin comes in cartridge form) because they have shorter needles I believe and are less of a hassle...easier to carry round.