Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: private loan question  (Read 3051 times)

Sweetpri

• Sr. Citizen
  • I hope I like Ohio!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: private loan question
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 07:45:22 AM »
Federal Loans are for what the school says your budget should be...private student loans, like from bank of america or probably most other banks, are for what you need.  At least that's what it said on their website!
University of Toledo 0L

Reach

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 01:27:46 PM »
I too would like to thank OP for this thread.  I'll be paying attention to all of the financial aid stuff from here on out.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 01:33:21 PM »
Federal Loans are for what the school says your budget should be...private student loans, like from bank of america or probably most other banks, are for what you need.  At least that's what it said on their website!

This is incorrect. Student loans must be certified by the school before the lender can send the money to the school for disbursement. If you try to select an amount over the student budget without approval, the school will not certify your loan.   

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 01:38:18 PM »
Not all loans need to be certified. This is why u get a loan from bank of america. I took out way more than the school said i could to pay off old debt. Some loans require certification but the bank of america loan does not.
Attending: OU