Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Crazy things you saw/heard today...  (Read 2768 times)

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
Crazy things you saw/heard today...
« on: September 30, 2006, 03:38:19 PM »
overhead before test began...

Guy:  So how long does this usually last?
Girl:  Well, it's 5 sections of 35 minutes each.
Guy:  Really.  That's long.

Do you think he even read the LSAT registration book!?!?!

Then there's the character who held us up on the certifying statement. It took him an ADDITIONAL 5 minutes longer than everyone else to write it out.  I can only wonder what his writing sample was like.
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

President_Baccaga

Re: Crazy things you saw/heard today...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 03:39:45 PM »
Three people that couldn't figure out how to correctly fill in the information required on the answer sheet... proctor that initially told us we had 55 minutes per question (that would have been nice...)...

Gator07

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 03:46:20 PM »
The proctor just finished explaining how he would give a 5 minute warning, and some kid raised his hand and asked "what type of warnings we would be given concerning the time"

Buckcty4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 04:03:34 PM »
I swear my proctors must have started us a good 30-40 minutes after everyone else on the East Coast... they couldnt control kids going to the bathroom...

At one point the entire test was handed out and we're moments from starting... and some kid, who had already been to the bathroom 2 times, asks if he can go again...

Instead of just telling him NO... or letting him go... the proctors start collecting all our test materials so this kid and a couple of other can use the bathroom before we start...

Thank god, everyone was pissed off and started complaining... so they decided to just let the 2-3 people use the bathroom as they were reading the instructions...

Ryan123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 04:08:25 PM »
There was a guy who had the makings of an uber gunner.  During the break he kept mentioning to everyone how he was a patent examiner. For instance:

Girl: "Is it hard for you to take a test now that you've been out of school for so long..."
Guy:  "Well I'm a patent examiner....."

Proctor conversing with him: "....yeah, that's probably right."
Guy: "Like I was saying, I'm a patent examiner."

LOL I hope that guy isn't in my section.

guyboston

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 04:12:45 PM »
So this girl starts crying during the first section.  Calls the proctor over and the y are talking about something over her damn sobbing.  THen he leaves and she continues to SOB.  Geez.  Wanted to go over and throw her out the window.  Not really.  But it pissed me off.
Diag
170, 173, 172, 169, 170, 165, 166, 171, 171

Taking Sept/Oct LSAT

Can your score decrease w/ studying?
Maybe so...

Bouzie1982

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 04:29:01 PM »
I got there first so I was seated in the front next to the light switch.  We're ready to begin and suddenly this strange eggtimer like ticking noise comes out of the light switch, and wont stop.  The girl next to me complains to the proctor, who gets up to take a look.  It turns out that we were apparently in the first classroom ever built---the lights were on an egg timer!!!!!! If they turned it to the point where it stopped ticking the lights would go out! -----please tell me someone else finds this hilarious.

SO they tried to duct tape the damned thing down.  Finally they allowed the girl and myself to switch seats.....I kinda wish I had just left then ....wshhhh

President_Baccaga

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 04:30:01 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention that some big fat girl in the front of the room farted quite loudly right before the end of the 3rd section.  Hilarious.

lawgirl2007

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 04:41:23 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention that some big fat girl in the front of the room farted quite loudly right before the end of the 3rd section.  Hilarious.

I would have had to LOL at that point

marroxus

• WHY did I ever decide I want to go to law school?
    • AOL Instant Messenger - marroxus
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 04:48:40 PM »
Guy raised his hand to ask "Do you know if we should guess or not on answers we can't figure out?  Do they penalize you for guessing?"

Are you serious!?!
Delicious! (Accepted): Houston, Baylor
Burned (Rejected):  Texas
Bubbling (Waitlist/Deferral):  SMU, WashU
In the Oven:  American