Law School Discussion

LR MASTER LIST - SEPT 06 POST MORTEM (1 question left! Help if you can!)

Re: LR MASTER LIST - SEPT06
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2006, 02:11:00 PM »
I agree with you on this one.

Others:

(which I tried to post before but for some reason it didn't show up)

motor oil and engine function, omega fatty acids and fish consumption twice or more per week

and for the toddler one, can anybody remember the other options?  i can't remember which one i picked, but i feel like i went against the willfull disobedience one at the last second  :-[

Mount climbers at 65,000 altitude (something like that) and their congnitive responses being slower due to the lack of oxygen proves that the claim the cognitive function of the brain is separate from the rest of the brain? Something like that.

yeah i remember this one; i think i said that it doesnt take into account the fact taht the entire brain could be suffering from lack of oxygen.

« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2006, 02:13:14 PM »

Question about travel (travel agents, perhaps?) I think the question was a "what role does XXX play"

Travel writing is not as good as it should be.  But then more people travel now, so it's much harder to write about traveling.

Finished

• Murk the system... or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2006, 02:13:20 PM »
the more parties are in a given country, the worse it is.  Because the fewere parties there are, the more issues candidates have to take a stand on. 

This one was tricky, but TCR was: a study showed that patients receiving psychotherapy from a trained person recovered no more quickly than people recieving general counseling from an untrained person. Basically TCR proved that patients need not engage in psychoterapy to improve, therefor, it was not something inherent to psychoterapy which brings about improvement

bad fuel or pollution or something was discovered in the ocean and doesn't seem to have any negative effect, so this guy argues that those against dumping it in the water don't have a case basically.  It was asking for main point I think.

I think TCR was: Some of the CO2 should be dumbed in the ocean since it doesnt harm the atmosphere their. The only other possibl choice was: We should consider dumping at least some of the CO2 in the ocean, since it wont harm te atmosphere

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2006, 02:14:05 PM »

*Only people willing to compromise should try to meditate.  People who disagree on ideology aren't willing to compromise.  I answered that people who disagree on ideology shouldn't meditate.

That was a formal logic one.  You had to take the contrapositive to get the chain right?

that was the way i remember it

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2006, 02:15:39 PM »
I can only recall teeny bits and pieces but hopefully this will spark someone else's memory...

An assumption question...the conclusion was something about looking at consequences rather than morality... (it was on the bottom left of the page, if that helps)

Question about 3 different types of drugs (TXH, or something like that)

Parallel flaw in reasoning question; I think it was something like A most B, B some C, therefore A some C.

Question re book reviews and whether they are useful;

Question about travel (travel agents, perhaps?) I think the question was a "what role does XXX play"

re drug question:

If one drugs is less safe than another it should be take offen and the more safe should be back on the market. It was D or E right?

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2006, 02:16:09 PM »
Finished, I don't remember the one about trained/untrained counseling.  ???  

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2006, 02:16:22 PM »

*Only people willing to compromise should try to meditate.  People who disagree on ideology aren't willing to compromise.  I answered that people who disagree on ideology shouldn't meditate.

That was a formal logic one.  You had to take the contrapositive to get the chain right?

that was the way i remember it

*high five*

Jets

• At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2006, 02:16:33 PM »
3. Supermarket layout, bread in the back *PRINCIPLE*
Answer: Manipulating people can have unwanted consequences

I remember avoiding the one with manipulating in it, but it was something to this extent. Anyone else remember other answers?

Jets

• At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2006, 02:17:45 PM »

10. Smokers, higher heart disease, higher caffeine use, caffeine positively correlated with heart disease *WEAKEN*
Answer: Fails to consider that caffeine might decrease risk of heart disease

Wasn't this a flaw question? I remember picking something about how caffeine may have been responsible or something

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2006, 02:18:09 PM »
the more parties are in a given country, the worse it is.  Because the fewere parties there are, the more issues candidates have to take a stand on. 

This one was tricky, but TCR was: a study showed that patients receiving psychotherapy from a trained person recovered no more quickly than people recieving general counseling from an untrained person. Basically TCR proved that patients need not engage in psychoterapy to improve, therefor, it was not something inherent to psychoterapy which brings about improvement

bad fuel or pollution or something was discovered in the ocean and doesn't seem to have any negative effect, so this guy argues that those against dumping it in the water don't have a case basically.  It was asking for main point I think.

I think TCR was: Some of the CO2 should be dumbed in the ocean since it doesnt harm the atmosphere their. The only other possibl choice was: We should consider dumping at least some of the CO2 in the ocean, since it wont harm te atmosphere

crap, i missed the psycotherapy one; got totally confused/stuck on it and went with the 'psycotherepists use a wide variety of different techniques in practice thing' CRAP! now that you mention it, TCR (re: therapists/laypeople) makes total sense. it was answer choice E.

> and for the toddler one, can anybody remember the other options?  i can't remember which one i picked, but i feel like i went against the willfull disobedience one at the last second 

i dont remember the other options but am pretty sure TCR was how children dont always disobey wilfully