Law School Discussion

LR MASTER LIST - SEPT 06 POST MORTEM (1 question left! Help if you can!)

Finished

• Murk the system... or not
    • View Profile
Re: LR MASTER LIST - SEPT06
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2006, 02:02:24 PM »
the more parties are in a given country, the less productive it is. The fewer parties there are, the more people are willing to compromise. Because the fewere parties there are, the more issues candidates have to take a stand on. 

TCR was something like: The country will be better because the compromises will make things more productive

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2006, 02:03:08 PM »
For the politican / show on cable tv one I thought the question was a two speaker one in the first LR section (like within  the first four questions). It was what the first speaker could use a retort to first(I think?). Something like the cable show hasn't supported the politician.  Something about it not offering support?

thestradgirl

• where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • MSN Messenger - hanui@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thestradgirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2006, 02:03:43 PM »
Mount climbers at 65,000 altitude (something like that) and their congnitive responses being slower due to the lack of oxygen proves that the claim the cognitive function of the brain is separate from the rest of the brain? Something like that.

Also, for the carrots, the "avoiding the extreme" sounds like TCR. I think it was A. It wasn't E. I chose one of the middle answers, which was just stupid.

TCR for the very first question was indeed the window broken outside the tenant's control one.

I screwed up that tax one. I never understood it perfectly and I was pressed for f*cking time.

thestradgirl

• where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • MSN Messenger - hanui@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thestradgirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2006, 02:04:55 PM »
For the politican / show on cable tv one I thought the question was a two speaker one in the first LR section (like within  the first four questions). It was what the first speaker could use a retort to first(I think?). Something like the cable show hasn't supported the politician.  Something about it not offering support?

That's what I chose but someone else says there was an answer about the cable company supporting the opposition. I don't remember that answer, but if there were, that would be more right than not offering support.

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2006, 02:05:12 PM »
*In short-term psych insitution, all patients get the same improvement.  I answered something about this study not taking into account long time effect of those patiets.

*Only people willing to compromise should try to meditate.  People who disagree on ideology aren't willing to compromise.  I answered that people who disagree on ideology shouldn't meditate.

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2006, 02:05:27 PM »
*more celebrity/alien sighting magazines are being sold than real news magazine, so people must be more interested in that than real news.  I think it was to undermine or weaken and I picked the one with people subscribing to newsmagazine

AGREE

*first fishing trip, only those who caught 2 trouts or more could measure and the average ended up being 1.6.  Unrepresentative sample?

AGREE. i think this one was A; "generalizes from a sample that is likely to be unrepresentative" -- i think it was because the anglers chose only 2 apiece of the many fish they caught.

*bad fuel or pollution or something was discovered in the ocean and doesn't seem to have any negative effect, so this guy argues that those against dumping it in the water don't have a case basically.  It was asking for main point I think.

i'm a bit hazy on this one but i agree that it was MP

*also there was this Parallel reasong question and I don't remember it, but I know my answer was (D I believe) if someone is late for work, she was late for the bus, but she isnt' late, so must'v egotten the bus.

AGREE; it was a simple contrapositive one; early in the section, like #10

ANYBODY REMEMBER A QUESTION THAT HAD TO DO WITH FOSSIL FUEL PLANTS/CHEMICAL PLANTS? or was the experimental?

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2006, 02:06:48 PM »
Mount climbers at 65,000 altitude (something like that) and their congnitive responses being slower due to the lack of oxygen proves that the claim the cognitive function of the brain is separate from the rest of the brain? Something like that.

I screwed up that tax one. I never understood it perfectly and I was pressed for f*cking time.

Oh yeah, anybody knows what the answers would've been on those?

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2006, 02:07:30 PM »

yeah i remember this one; i think i said that it doesnt take into account the fact taht the entire brain could be suffering from lack of oxygen.

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2006, 02:10:04 PM »

*Only people willing to compromise should try to meditate.  People who disagree on ideology aren't willing to compromise.  I answered that people who disagree on ideology shouldn't meditate.

That was a formal logic one.  You had to take the contrapositive to get the chain right?

Hopeful555

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2006, 02:10:40 PM »
I can only recall teeny bits and pieces but hopefully this will spark someone else's memory...

An assumption question...the conclusion was something about looking at consequences rather than morality... (it was on the bottom left of the page, if that helps)

Question about 3 different types of drugs (TXH, or something like that)

Parallel flaw in reasoning question; I think it was something like A most B, B some C, therefore A some C.

Question re book reviews and whether they are useful;

Question about travel (travel agents, perhaps?) I think the question was a "what role does XXX play"