Law School Discussion

LR MASTER LIST - SEPT 06 POST MORTEM (1 question left! Help if you can!)

Re: LR MASTER LIST - SEPT06
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2006, 01:46:56 PM »
umm.. orangie, i don't feel like i got those questions today... i'm hoping they were experimental!   :'(

questions i remember:

smokers have an increased chance of heart disease.  smokers have a higher rate of drinking caffine, therefore there is a correlation between caffine and heart disease.  this one was strangely hard, but i think i wrongly chose something like "there is a common cause of smoking and heart disease" or something like that.

others:

motor oil and engine function.  flaw was that there might be other important functions of oil, i think.

photographs question, i chose something like "any time a photog uses too simple a comparison between past and present, he fools the public" or something like that.

umm.. the triceritops one was something like "the flood broke the heater and caused a short... thus we can't determine that the flood caused the fire started by the broken heater or the short"

one about eating fish several times a week and the benefits of it compared with people who don't eat fish (omega acids?)

still thinking of more

orangie

• GULC '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2006, 01:47:10 PM »
how it's better to eat vitamins from actual food, but you also need some fat too, even though it's generally considered that fat is bad, because carrot just by itself can't give you vitamin A.

TCR= the author said that some fats are needed to avoid going to the extreme of removing all fats (she says fats are genreally bad, but...)

yeah, but it was a statement plays which role question, and I think the answer was B, gives a reason for accepting the diet but not to the extreme or something.  It was a really convoluted answer choice, I definitely remember that!

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2006, 01:47:15 PM »
*Something about warm blood animals needing to be immunized against something before being admitted to the country, but the thing is that sometimes the medicine isn't effective, so it would be best to test if something is high in their bodies because then you know the medicine is in effect.

*the more parties are in a given country, the worse it is.  Because the fewere parties there are, the more issues candidates have to take a stand on.  

*two baskets were found from either private or protected sites.  Tests revealed that soil wasn't related to the soil on protected site.  What could be properly infured?

orangie

• GULC '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2006, 01:50:33 PM »
The answer was something like "in a group where both insomniacs and normal sleepers were tested, only the normal sleepers shown a significant increase in sleep"... something like that.

TCR

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2006, 01:50:33 PM »
how it's better to eat vitamins from actual food, but you also need some fat too, even though it's generally considered that fat is bad, because carrot just by itself can't give you vitamin A.

TCR= the author said that some fats are needed to avoid going to the extreme of removing all fats (she says fats are genreally bad, but...)

yea, i didn't choose that one, but i'm pretty sure that was the correct one. the "evidence" option was just too strong, and it also wasnt being used as evidence. also the "bad reason" is also strange (although thats what i think i put)... i just thought it was weird, the extreme one, bc fat isn't an artificial substance. it didn't seem that fat fit into what she was arguing against eating.

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2006, 01:56:53 PM »
*Something about warm blood animals needing to be immunized against something before being admitted to the country, but the thing is that sometimes the medicine isn't effective, so it would be best to test if something is high in their bodies because then you know the medicine is in effect.

*the more parties are in a given country, the worse it is.  Because the fewere parties there are, the more issues candidates have to take a stand on. 

*two baskets were found from either private or protected sites.  Tests revealed that soil wasn't related to the soil on protected site.  What could be properly infured?

awesome.

warm blooded animals: weaken; answer was that testing in the manner described would not be able to distinguish between animals that HAD rabies and animals that had been vaccinated

two baskets: inference was that the basket was found at the private (?) settlement (B)?

i also remember a question about people who are not always aware of what's going live in a state of mindeless carelessness; it was a 2S question and the answer was E (formed a perfect logical chain)

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2006, 01:58:28 PM »
those are all experiemental... defintely did not have those on my test

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2006, 01:59:01 PM »

yea, i didn't choose that one, but i'm pretty sure that was the correct one. the "evidence" option was just too strong, and it also wasnt being used as evidence. also the "bad reason" is also strange (although thats what i think i put)... i just thought it was weird, the extreme one, bc fat isn't an artificial substance. it didn't seem that fat fit into what she was arguing against eating.

i remember this. the answer was E, right? was it an argument part question? i.e. what purpose does that sentence serve in the argument?

ss1400

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2006, 01:59:30 PM »
baskets Q was on the experimental section, correct?

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2006, 02:00:32 PM »
*more celebrity/alien sighting magazines are being sold than real news magazine, so people must be more interested in that than real news.  I think it was to undermine or weaken and I picked the one with people subscribing to newsmagazine

*first fishing trip, only those who caught 2 trouts or more could measure and the average ended up being 1.6.  Unrepresentative sample?

*bad fuel or pollution or something was discovered in the ocean and doesn't seem to have any negative effect, so this guy argues that those against dumping it in the water don't have a case basically.  It was asking for main point I think.

*also there was this Parallel reasong question and I don't remember it, but I know my answer was (D I believe) if someone is late for work, she was late for the bus, but she isnt' late, so must'v egotten the bus.