Law School Discussion

Saja

• Into enemy territory...
    • View Profile
Re: One hell of a RC section...
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2006, 03:27:45 PM »

Hmmm, where have we heard this sentiment before.  Maize, anyone?;)

Well honestly, Saja, as a June veteran I thought the RC on that test was waaaaay easier.

Yikes. :(  That's rough.  June wasn't too bad in retrospect, especially since all my maize guesses turned out right.;)  What was so bad about this one?

dusya4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2006, 03:29:23 PM »

Well honestly, Saja, as a June veteran I thought the RC on that test was waaaaay easier.

Isn't that because you are a science/engineering person and C4 photosynthesis comes naturally to you?

Well by that token, physics theory which was the last one on this test should also come easy, but I made the mistake of leaving it for last and had to rush through it.

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2006, 03:29:49 PM »
I'm just glad that I had my experimental RC section right after the real one (and I know I nailed the experimental, hah). I just pretended that the experimental was the real RC for the rest of the test...until I got to my last page of LR and realized that no, it wasn't.

bosco17

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2006, 03:43:45 PM »
I thought the 3rd RC passage was going to be the most difficult one on the test (about the cultures and whatnot)... then I got to the 4th with about 8 minutes... Thought I knew was going on in the passage till halfway through the questions, when I realized... I didn't.

JGR

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2006, 03:46:01 PM »
The RC section on the June test wasn't that bad, maize or no.
I didn't think this one was so bad either, though maybe I am the one of the few who think this.

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2006, 03:47:20 PM »

Isn't that because you are a science/engineering person and C4 photosynthesis comes naturally to you?

Well by that token, physics theory which was the last one on this test should also come easy, but I made the mistake of leaving it for last and had to rush through it.

Sorry to hear that.  I'm sure you still did pretty well on the passage though, and the scale might make up for it  28-question reading comp sections suck. :(

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2006, 03:49:21 PM »
The RC section on the June test wasn't that bad, maize or no.
I didn't think this one was so bad either, though maybe I am the one of the few who think this.

I thought the 4th passage was actually straightforward, and even interesting. I had trouble getting into the mex-amer passage due to nerves. but, like everyone else i just barely finished the section, and i had no time whatsoever to look over my answers. i didn't think this section was that difficult due to complexity, just length.

thestradgirl

• where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • MSN Messenger - hanui@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thestradgirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2006, 11:44:32 PM »
Sorry stradgirl but I canceled today... no steak dinner at Morton's for you. :(

If I get 174+ in December, I'll treat you just the same...

It'll happen.... It had better!!!!! :)
In any case, good job today sticking out and also kudos for all the hard work so far.

thestradgirl

• where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • MSN Messenger - hanui@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thestradgirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2006, 11:47:00 PM »

I found the rubisco passage to be super easy. Nothing like the physics passage.. but physics seems to be the harder science than chemistry or biology anyway.

shitay

• Hi Mom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2006, 11:53:51 PM »
I thought the passages were fairly easy to comprehend.  That was, until I realized that there were 28 questions.  I spent like 9-10 minutes on the first passage and never fully made up for the time I spent, So I had 6-7 minutes for the last passage.  I think, if it takes an average of 3 minutes to read the passage, that means you have roughly 5-6 minutes for 7 questions.  Although it doesn't seem like a big difference to answer 26-28, I think the affects of those 2 extra questions were exponential or something.  Like after a certain cutoff, such as 25 questions, each additional question screws with time at an accelerated rate.