Law School Discussion

President_Baccaga

Re: One hell of a RC section...
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 01:33:17 PM »
I didn't think the games were extremely difficult, but I didn't think that they were as easy as some of the other recent administrations.  The first game was incredibly simple but I thought that the other three games were of medium difficulty; nothing else that was purely a piece of cake.

Saja

• Into enemy territory...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 01:46:56 PM »
i thought the first 3 were easy and then BAM the fourth one killed me. had to take haphazard stabs at the last 3.

Yeah. The Mexican American one was kind of abstract, the middle two were easy, but that last one....WTF?

This scale has gotta be a killer (easy) due to this, because the games weren't exactly easy, either.

Hmmm, where have we heard this sentiment before.  Maize, anyone?;)

sladkaya

• Not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 02:04:55 PM »
I'm SO glad I did RC passages out of order - if anything, this would be my biggest advice to future test-takers - do the ones with the most questions first!

I did the science passage third and it was a huge time drain, I only had 7 minutes left for my last passage,  but for me it was Mexican-American writers, an easy read with only 5 questions.  I rushed at first, only reading answers until I found the one that sounded correct, but at the end had a minute and 20 seconds to go back and re-check, so I hope I got them right.

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 02:09:22 PM »
I thought i had a clean sweep of those alphabet soup questions... but now im worried...

Was it U is scooped earlier or at the same time as X.... or was it X was scooped earlier or at the same time?

I had my setup as U always being scooped earlier or at the same time..

Please tell me I didnt make a ridiculous and careless error..

BirdMang

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 02:10:18 PM »
My second and third were RC -- I had just gotten over thinking ohh, wow, easy RC this time around -- when I opened up second 3 and found another...

0 wrong on experimental RC

> 0 wrong on real RC

ugh....

same test as me... went from impressed with my peformance on RC to ashamed of it.

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 02:12:13 PM »
I'm SO glad I did RC passages out of order - if anything, this would be my biggest advice to future test-takers - do the ones with the most questions first!

I did the science passage third and it was a huge time drain, I only had 7 minutes left for my last passage,  but for me it was Mexican-American writers, an easy read with only 5 questions.  I rushed at first, only reading answers until I found the one that sounded correct, but at the end had a minute and 20 seconds to go back and re-check, so I hope I got them right.

god you're sooooo right about this. after ending the test i was like "why the hell did i do a passage with FIVE questions first??" -- i ended up spending almost seven minutes on it. in the future i am absolutely doing the passages with the most Qs first, irregardless of difficulty.

BirdMang

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 02:12:22 PM »
I thought i had a clean sweep of those alphabet soup questions... but now im worried...

Was it U is scooped earlier or at the same time as X.... or was it X was scooped earlier or at the same time?

i think U scooped earlier or at the same time as x.

thestradgirl

• where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • MSN Messenger - hanui@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thestradgirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 02:12:33 PM »

I really should've done that. I thought the Mexican American lit passage was pretty breazy, but totally ran out of time for the science passage. I really freaked out. I hope my guesses were intelligent and that some of them were actually correct.

thestradgirl

• where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • MSN Messenger - hanui@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thestradgirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2006, 02:14:01 PM »

i think U scooped earlier or at the same time as x.

X NEVER before U and I can vouch for it. Either U>X or U and X together. Don't worry, you were right. :)

Booyakasha2

• Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 02:14:06 PM »
I didn't think the games were extremely difficult, but I didn't think that they were as easy as some of the other recent administrations.  The first game was incredibly simple but I thought that the other three games were of medium difficulty; nothing else that was purely a piece of cake.
3rd one slowed me down.