Law School Discussion

RC Master List Sept 06 PM - We can do it!

ubeube

• View Profile
Re: RC Master List Sept 06 PM - We can do it!
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2006, 03:16:51 PM »
I think the answer to the complete the passage one in the Bankruptcy question was something like "Thus even though the focus of the law is no longer punishment, some punishment can occur" ? something like that I think, it was reffering to the fact that the bankruptcy stays on your credit report, and hurts you in the future for a while.

I think...

ubeube

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2006, 03:21:05 PM »
"Traditional" in the cultures passage means : I think the answer was colonizing countries trying to use tradional cermonies in converting people to thier religion. (I think the question was which of the following is example of what the auther might have meant as traditional.)

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2006, 03:22:59 PM »
I think the answer to the complete the passage one in the Bankruptcy question was something like "Thus even though the focus of the law is no longer punishment, some punishment can occur" ? something like that I think, it was reffering to the fact that the bankruptcy stays on your credit report, and hurts you in the future for a while.

I think...

im pretty sure that's what i put as well

Finished

• Murk the system... or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2006, 03:29:23 PM »

I think...

I second that

Finished

• Murk the system... or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2006, 03:30:50 PM »
one of the questions in the cultural passage was which one of these is most analagous ...

the answer was the one that had to do with an imperial culture using a traditional dance/routine to celebrate the imperial culture or something. there was a tempting answer choice earlier on about an imperial culture's religious tradition but i realized that that was an instance where the imperial culture was using one of their OWN activities and not an activity inside the dominated culture.
thats what i picked

I think this is incorrect, cant remember TCR though

dusya4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2006, 03:47:37 PM »

I think...

I second that

I can't remember what I put down, what were some other choices?

bosco17

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2006, 03:49:49 PM »

I think...

I second that

I'm almost positive that was the right answer as well. I'm pretty sure I was able to cross out all the other answer choices.

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2006, 03:51:36 PM »
"Traditional" in the cultures passage means : I think the answer was colonizing countries trying to use tradional cermonies in converting people to thier religion. (I think the question was which of the following is example of what the auther might have meant as traditional.)

Am I the only one who chose "...legitimacy" for this question? i think that paragrph means that traditions can be used to install a sense of...legitimacy to the colonizing culture?

dusya4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2006, 04:15:47 PM »

I think...

I second that

This was the "which one of the following would be a most logical conclusion of the passage" question - last one for the passage, I think.  Othere choices I remeber were that this is why we should abandon this new system and revert to punishment, and one about how systems shold be designed to primarily benefit creditors.

Sorry ,I asked about the wrong question. I picked the same one as everyone else on this one.

thestradgirl

• where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • MSN Messenger - hanui@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thestradgirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2006, 04:23:00 PM »
one of the questions in the cultural passage was which one of these is most analagous ...

the answer was the one that had to do with an imperial culture using a traditional dance/routine to celebrate the imperial culture or something. there was a tempting answer choice earlier on about an imperial culture's religious tradition but i realized that that was an instance where the imperial culture was using one of their OWN activities and not an activity inside the dominated culture.

TCR: The colonizer took the native religious dance that signified two deities and used it to symbolize/celebrate the meeting of the native and the imperial/white cultures.