Law School Discussion

RC Master List Sept 06 PM - We can do it!

Re: RC Master List Sept 06 PM - We can do it!
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2006, 02:39:06 PM »
In that culture passage... which i butcherd...  what was the use of traditional... it was something about some Queen having a ceremony in India..

The choices read A) to indicate customs that hadnt been used in a long time.. and i really dont remember the rest.. they all seemed to just throw the terms historical and culture around..

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2006, 02:39:25 PM »
If my patchy memory is correct, I believe there was a question in the bankruptcy passage about why the author suggests it is paradoxical that the modern b laws help creditors (in addition to debtors). I think I chose the answer about how creditors dont necessarily expect to be helped by the modern laws to the extent that they do (or was it something about creditors are an unlikely group to be aided by the new laws?) - in any case, I think that answer choice was C or D (def. not A or B)

Mexican passage: there was a question about which of the following is the most similar to the jamboree - I think I put the answer re the religious ceremony that is presented as if it had some roots in imperial culture

i agree with the answer you gave for the first one. i think it was paradoxical because it was not something you woudl expect. i think it was D.

on the second one,m i remember that question but it wasnt in the mexican passage; it was in the cultural identity one and had to do with how the queen was holding "traditional" jamborees.

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2006, 02:41:12 PM »
yea the traditional jamborees... do u remember the answer?

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2006, 02:41:56 PM »
one of the questions in the cultural passage was which one of these is most analagous ...

the answer was the one that had to do with an imperial culture using a traditional dance/routine to celebrate the imperial culture or something. there was a tempting answer choice earlier on about an imperial culture's religious tradition but i realized that that was an instance where the imperial culture was using one of their OWN activities and not an activity inside the dominated culture.

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2006, 02:48:43 PM »
one of the questions in the cultural passage was which one of these is most analagous ...

the answer was the one that had to do with an imperial culture using a traditional dance/routine to celebrate the imperial culture or something. there was a tempting answer choice earlier on about an imperial culture's religious tradition but i realized that that was an instance where the imperial culture was using one of their OWN activities and not an activity inside the dominated culture.

Exactly. i pretty sure that the trap answer (the religious one) said it was an activity of the COLONIZING culture.

Finished

• Murk the system... or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2006, 02:52:14 PM »
If my patchy memory is correct, I believe there was a question in the bankruptcy passage about why the author suggests it is paradoxical that the modern b laws help creditors (in addition to debtors). I think I chose the answer about how creditors dont necessarily expect to be helped by the modern laws to the extent that they do (or was it something about creditors are an unlikely group to be aided by the new laws?) - in any case, I think that answer choice was C or D (def. not A or B)

Mexican passage: there was a question about which of the following is the most similar to the jamboree - I think I put the answer re the religious ceremony that is presented as if it had some roots in imperial culture

The jamboree wasnt in the mexican passage, it was the one about reinventing history. I believe the question was: Which situation is most similar to the jamboree described in the passage. This is a different question than what you were just discussing

I dont recall TCR to that though

dusya4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2006, 02:52:45 PM »

Yes I agree with you on that, I didn't pick the religious one either.

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2006, 03:09:32 PM »
does anybody remember if there were any "D" answers in the 3rd (the one with something about tradition in it)? You know it's bad when I have to ask if people remember which letters they picked  :'(

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2006, 03:10:30 PM »
i just hope one of the last three answers on the section was B becuase that's what i guessed for them :(

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2006, 03:13:10 PM »

thats what i picked