Law School Discussion

RC Master List Sept 06 PM - We can do it!

Re: RC Master List Sept 06 PM - We can do it!
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2006, 02:16:03 PM »
That basin passage f*cking pwned me. I couldn't differentiate between Otto and S (whatever his name was)'s model and the basin model. I just know that, for the second or third question, I crossed out something about everything unpredictable in chaos because I knew that was wrong.

For the Mexican American literature.. I think both in the third/fourth question an fifth/sixth question, answer choices that had to do with Mexican literautre dominated by the one bossy institution were incorrect.
I think the third - this was on the first question on the second page of questions for this passage - was something like which can be inferred about Mexican American literature. I was really unsure and ended up picking something like that it was more known for its thematic richness than form, since the form seemed to be considered pretty simple and similar to that of Mexican literature.

I'll post more when I remember more.

I chose that one too because the other choices make even less sense that that.

For the last question with the Mexican passage, i think i chose "regional writers...valued less" or something like that. Not exactly sure cuz i was pressed by time.

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2006, 02:21:23 PM »
The starting conditions are replicated exactly. That was the point. All those chaotic zigzags and fractal BS... they don't change. They're always the same, but the drops of water could follow any of the pathways created by them. Even though the starting conditions are exactly the same, you don't know exactly where those drops of water end up or what path they take. Therefore, not being able to replicate results of a chemistry experiment is a hypothetical blah blah blah.

yes duhon, *but* i think the first paragraph stated that the entire model (which was based off of the riddled basin thing) proves that if there is *any* change in the starting conditions... even something infinitessimal... it changes the results.. so its not that the basin itself was changing, it was the instance of doing it at this time or that time. hence, the starting conditions aren't eactly replicated... i think i put E for that one.. d/e not sure.

i think we were not supposed to assume anything about the starting condition because the passage didn't even mention whether or not you can replicate them completely...also we kidda need to differentiate Otto and Sblah's system and the attraction blah system because theirs is basically the ...boundaries of the attraction system. because you can't predict anything on the boundaries of the attraction systems, it follows that you can't predict anything in otto's system even if you can perfectly replicate the starting conditions.

President_Baccaga

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2006, 02:22:53 PM »
I would like to kill Otto and Sblah.

thestradgirl

• where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • MSN Messenger - hanui@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thestradgirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2006, 02:25:35 PM »
I chose that one too because the other choices make even less sense that that.
well that's some consolation at least.

For the last question with the Mexican passage, i think i chose "regional writers...valued less" or something like that. Not exactly sure cuz i was pressed by time.
Yeah I remember that.. regional literature valued less than the urban.
Which letter was it?? I think I might have guessed that one actually. I remember deciding between that one and a contender, though I somehow have the feeling I ended up choosing that contender.

mantis

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2006, 02:25:47 PM »

thestradgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2006, 02:26:28 PM »
I would like to kill Otto and Sblah.

That's what I first had in mind as I walked out of the test centre. But now I think I am gonna track down the author of that article rather than Otto and Sblah, cuz it's his fault that he wrote it so damn confusingly.

thestradgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2006, 02:30:22 PM »
The starting conditions are replicated exactly. That was the point. All those chaotic zigzags and fractal BS... they don't change. They're always the same, but the drops of water could follow any of the pathways created by them. Even though the starting conditions are exactly the same, you don't know exactly where those drops of water end up or what path they take. Therefore, not being able to replicate results of a chemistry experiment is a hypothetical blah blah blah.

yes duhon, *but* i think the first paragraph stated that the entire model (which was based off of the riddled basin thing) proves that if there is *any* change in the starting conditions... even something infinitessimal... it changes the results.. so its not that the basin itself was changing, it was the instance of doing it at this time or that time. hence, the starting conditions aren't eactly replicated... i think i put E for that one.. d/e not sure.

i think we were not supposed to assume anything about the starting condition because the passage didn't even mention whether or not you can replicate them completely...also we kidda need to differentiate Otto and Sblah's system and the attraction blah system because theirs is basically the ...boundaries of the attraction system. because you can't predict anything on the boundaries of the attraction systems, it follows that you can't predict anything in otto's system even if you can perfectly replicate the starting conditions.

Okay. To be sure, this question was at the bottom of the first page of that passage set. So was it the third question? It couldn't have been second because the passage ended exactly halfway through the page, right? Am I wrong? Let's try to get the order of the questions clearer for the compiling.
Also, the next question, the top-left one on the next page was the question which had answers convinced...  persuaded...convinced etc. I remember A and B starting with "convinced" and D and E starting with "persuaded". Someone correct me if he/she is doubtful whether I am remembering correctly.

thestradgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2006, 02:32:30 PM »
And D was persuaded...convinced, which I think is TCR, as someone has already said.

President_Baccaga

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2006, 02:32:50 PM »
That's what I first had in mind as I walked out of the test centre. But now I think I am gonna track down the author of that article rather than Otto and Sblah, cuz it's his fault that he wrote it so damn confusingly.

The thought of you doing that is really hot, stradgirl.

Hopeful555

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2006, 02:36:40 PM »
If my patchy memory is correct, I believe there was a question in the bankruptcy passage about why the author suggests it is paradoxical that the modern b laws help creditors (in addition to debtors). I think I chose the answer about how creditors dont necessarily expect to be helped by the modern laws to the extent that they do (or was it something about creditors are an unlikely group to be aided by the new laws?) - in any case, I think that answer choice was C or D (def. not A or B)

Mexican passage: there was a question about which of the following is the most similar to the jamboree - I think I put the answer re the religious ceremony that is presented as if it had some roots in imperial culture