Law School Discussion

RC Master List Sept 06 PM - We can do it!

Schruted

• I love her.
    • View Profile
Re: RC Master List Sept 06 PM - We can do it!
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 01:10:20 PM »
"Convinced" was too strong for the first part. He stated his attitude in conditional statements, like "if this is true, then that must be true, and that is not very likely, so this must not be very likely". He left the door open for himself to be wrong.

JnJ

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 01:12:17 PM »
"Convinced" was too strong for the first part. He stated his attitude in conditional statements, like "if this is true, then that must be true, and that is not very likely, so this must not be very likely". He left the door open for himself to be wrong.

Bah, I'm still too used to real literature reviews.  He sounded convinced to me, but that's probably from a rhetorical perspective rather than an "LSAT Testmaker" perspective.

hmm

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 01:14:24 PM »
Hi.  Does anyone know what the asnwer to the last problem of the section was?  Was it the one where the experimental conditions counldn't be replicated exactly, or where they couldn't be replicated even approximately?

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 01:16:06 PM »
hey, i remember that convinced one.. there was 2 that were pursuaded.. b and d.. and i initially had d but switched to b bc he did not sound convinced.. so i agree with the other guy.. i felt confident on that one though...
what letter did u guys do for the last science one? was it A?

and does anyone know what the first 3 letters were.. i learned from experience to do the passages with the most first! and the first one lately always has 5 so i did that one last and basically read the intro, the topic statements and guessed! lol
i had d,a,a,e,b.. for the first one.. could someone help me out here?

Schruted

• I love her.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 01:17:32 PM »
Hi.  Does anyone know what the asnwer to the last problem of the section was?  Was it the one where the experimental conditions counldn't be replicated exactly, or where they couldn't be replicated even approximately?

I definitely could be wrong about this, but I don't think either of those choices was correct. I think it was the one where the experimental conditions could be replicated exactly, and yet, the chemist still couldn't get consistent results.

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 01:20:01 PM »
which letter?

bridget

• crepes=delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 01:20:37 PM »
but if she could have replicated it exactly, it wouldn't have been like the basin theory thing where there are points that water can drip on and you don't know where it's going to do.  wow, that made no sense.  anyway, I don't think the scientist replicated it exactly.

Finished

• Murk the system... or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 01:23:54 PM »
Duhon, I believe I chose that answer as well, but I don't think it is correct now. It was confusing, because it seemed that the entire point of the passage was that in reality, it is impossible to perfectly replicate the conditions of an experiment. Yet at the same time, it wasn't clear whether or not the test taker was suposed to answer the question from the view of the prospective scientist operating under the false belief that he could. If that is what we were supposed to do, then you an I were right. If we were suposed to base it on what Ott proved, then we were wrong.

BirdMang

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2006, 01:25:13 PM »
I f-ing misbubbled the entire last passage... from 20-28

Finished

• Murk the system... or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 01:26:55 PM »
One of the questions in the bankruptcy section asked what someone defending the punitive theory of bankruptcy would agree with. I didn't really understand what they meant there. Was it someone advocating punishment, or advocating leniency through bankruptcy protection