Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My Situation  (Read 1129 times)

Forbin

• View Profile
My Situation
« on: February 11, 2004, 09:08:31 PM »
I've been out of school for four years working in the Env. consulting field.  I was a double major UG in Biology and Environmental Geography. Unfortunately I only had a 2.67 UGPA. I worked around 30 hours/week throughout college.  My LSAT is around 160.  What's the assessment? Anyone? Do I have many options for Law School?::)

EJRothman

• View Profile
Re: My Situation
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 11:32:40 PM »
Based on your working background it seems like Vermont School of Law would be a good choice.  They have one of the top evironmental law programs in the nation.

-Eric

Findedeux

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 04:45:30 PM »
I put in your stats at a bottom 2nd tier LS, Mercer. I adjusted for upward trends (+2 LSAT, +.01 GPA) and your admissions index came out average (83). Of course, if you're applying next year it will be harder to get in. But based on these calculations you should be able to have a decent chance at a low 2nd tier or good chances at most of the 3rd tier schools. If you want to tinker with the numbers yourself, get the Admission Index information sheet and then get the LS averages info from princeton review, and adjust for increased selectivity. Hope that helps.

melissa2781

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 02:03:53 PM »
how did u get that index average?
**The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams ~ Eleanor Roosevelt**

jalex519

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 09:43:38 PM »
You may want to consider Lewis & Clark if you are interested in pursuing Environmental Law.
2L and counting...