Law School Discussion

Harvard Interviews

'tiki

• Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Harvard Interviews
« on: September 28, 2006, 05:12:24 PM »
So Toby Stock just gave an info session about HLS in my uni and here are some interesting things he mentioned.
- Everyone that got in last year received a phone call interview from him (10-15mins) except for like 2 people. He said it will be the same this year.
- HLS went deep into the waitlist this year and he said probably would do the same for this cycle. Two people got admitted on the first day of classes!
- Also, decisions begin to occur in November, but other than that it was the standard info session.

Hope this helps.  ;)

Electric Counterpoint

• Harvard 2010
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Harvard Interviews
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 05:52:09 PM »
I will honestly feel star-struck when T. Sto comes to UMich. Having our law fair (and, incidentally, seeing someone I dislike asking about ED policies at a crappy school) was enough!

Electric Counterpoint

• Harvard 2010
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 05:54:50 PM »
Oh, and question: Did your event today have a title or a specific theme, or was it just "Toby Tells You How to Get Into Harvard?" Because checking my school's calendar right now, he's talking on "The Value of the Personal Statement--It Is Important!" here. Yuck.

'tiki

• Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 06:45:50 PM »
No title... just Harvard Law School info session. Our law fair was Tuesday but Hahvahd decided to come two days after lol.

Electric Counterpoint

• Harvard 2010
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 07:07:35 PM »
No title... just Harvard Law School info session. Our law fair was Tuesday but Hahvahd decided to come two days after lol.

Must... resist... the urge... to refer to my top choice school... as... a "prima donna!" :P

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 10:31:38 PM »
At my alma mater, there is a law panel at 6 PM with Penn, Chicago, Virginia and Michigan.  Then, at 7:30 PM, there is a panel with just Harvard.  Prima donna definitely--but oh such a dreamy school...

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 11:08:48 PM »

Just wondering... am I the only one with Top 5 ambitions NOT applying to Harvard?

Why wouldn't you apply to Harvard?

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 11:42:47 PM »
But why?

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 11:52:10 PM »
Haha, I'm sure you could just avoid him...

Seriously, do you want to give up the chance to say, "I went to Harvard Law School"?  

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 05:59:25 AM »
Haha, I'm sure you could just avoid him...

Seriously, do you want to give up the chance to say, "I went to Harvard Law School"?  

I have a feeling this is a big reason people go to HLS.  There are better (e.g., faculty quality, Dersh notwithstanding).