Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone consider taking Aderol???  (Read 2566 times)

HaciM36

• Sr. Citizen
  • YUM YUM YUM
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HAC1M36
    • View Profile
Anyone consider taking Aderol???
« on: September 28, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »
Since this seems to be one of the biggest tests in all our lives I'm wondering if anyone is considering taking Aderol before going in to take the test. Personally, I've never tried it but a few of my friends who have really say it works well and helps you concentrate. I wouldn't just put it past me without consdering it seeing as how important this test is. But I'd definitely try it the first time before the actual test if I did decide to use it. Anyone have any experience in this area? Kinda on the illegal side of things but just wondering if anyone's had experience in this area.
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forthfrom thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

Vick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone consider taking Aderol???
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 05:04:44 PM »
Kinda on the illegal side of things ...

Uhh, yeah.  This is why you shouldn't take it.

SBToLaw

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 05:05:27 PM »

1. Don't, unless you've used it before and know how it affects you.
2. Don't, unless you consult a doctor first.
3. Don't, unless you've satisfied 1) and 2) and then proceed to buy it directly from a pharmacist.

Thank you.  I'm out.

1) correct
2) overly cautious (it's not heroin for goodness sake)

That said, I've taken it for several tests (I truly believe I have mild adult ADHD at the very least).  It helps a bit, but with something as nerve wrecking as the LSAT, I wouldn't use it on test day....in combination with limitless adrenaline, it may be a bit too much and cause my head to explode.

.zone.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 05:11:54 PM »
On the legal side, there is a "dietary supplement" called Zantrex available at Rite Aid/Walgreen's that I believe achieves a similar effect.  I definitely wouldn't recommend it.  I took ONE pill (I think the bottle advises you to take two every few hours) and it was a very interesting experience.  I admit it did wonderful things for my concentration level--I was able to study intently in the library for like 16 hours straight without losing my train of thought.  I had a major crash though afterwards & thus had to take another to get through my exam the next day.  When I got home that night, I was sweating (dead of winter here), my vision was messed up, & I couldn't speak straight or stand up.  My heart was beating so fast I thought I was going to die.  I stopped taking it immediately after my exam, but was very sick for a few days after...constantly puking & unable to do really anything.
I am pretty sensitive to medicine and am pretty small, so I admit you might not have such terrible side effects...but...ugh...definit ely test it out WAY in advance if you're thinking about it.  I only took a FRACTION of the recommended dose and it was HORRIBLE.  I can't even believe they sell that stuff OTC...even kids could buy it.  Ick.
I can see it being helpful for the LSAT, but I'd never do it now that I've seen the side effects...and ALSO...I'd really hate to have that crap combined with massive amounts of normal adrenaline.  I think I would die.  LOL.  :-\

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 06:07:15 PM »
I'm wondering if the OP is the same troll who posts this same *&^% over and over?
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.

SBToLaw

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 06:13:58 PM »
1) correct

Right.  It's not heroin, by definition.  It is amphetamine, by definition.

It's a very mild amphetamine.  Nothing to be worried about.

SBToLaw

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 06:45:07 PM »
1) correct

Right.  It's not heroin, by definition.  It is amphetamine, by definition.

It's a very mild amphetamine.  Nothing to be worried about.

No, it IS amphetamine.  The molecule that goes by the name amphetamine.  That's what it is.

Dear lord...you're impossible.  I know that it is an amphetamine, but it is in a MUCH lower concentration than say, I don't know....SPEED, or Ecstasy (MDMA).  This isn't really debatable.

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 06:56:36 PM »
If you're considering taking something, take ritalin instead of aderol. I heard it is better. But know that all of these things are a little overrated.

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 06:57:03 PM »
And, also, cheating.
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.

letsplayhardball

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 07:34:25 PM »
My god the Moral Crusaders come out everytime someone posts about this. It's so damn annoying. BTW, quit w/the it's illegal crap. Did you wait until you were 21 to drink?