Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'LL KEEP YOU ABREAST OF THIS SITUATION  (Read 2683 times)

AV8R

I'LL KEEP YOU ABREAST OF THIS SITUATION
« on: August 23, 2004, 06:45:39 PM »
It's getting a bit ridiculous out there folks.  According to The Drudge Report, Janet Jackson is saying that the Bush White House used her boob to distract the American people from Iraq.  This brings to mind two interesting apparent facts.

1) The White House has some sort of control over Janet Jackson's Boob.

2)Michael Copp, the Democrat FCC member who raised all the FCC fuss over Janet's boob is actually working for the Bush White House.

Some of these entertainers are pure idiots.

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
Re: I'LL KEEP YOU ABREAST OF THIS SITUATION
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 09:28:56 AM »
Agreed.  Except for Bono (who justifies his political existence through actual research, hard work, and actually caring about the causes he promotes) entertainers should stop making fools out of themselves in the political spectrum.  They haven't realized yet that aside from impressionable 18 year olds who think it's "cool" to listen to them, nobody cares.  In fact, I'd venture to say some of them actually COST their candidates votes.

ZAP

lucky7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 03:28:18 PM »
Agreed.  Except for Bono (who justifies his political existence through actual research, hard work, and actually caring about the causes he promotes) entertainers should stop making fools out of themselves in the political spectrum.  They haven't realized yet that aside from impressionable 18 year olds who think it's "cool" to listen to them, nobody cares.  In fact, I'd venture to say some of them actually COST their candidates votes.

ZAP

It scares me to think that anyone, 18 years old or not, might actually be influenced by some random entertainer's political opinions. (and you're right, Bono is one of the few exceptions)

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 03:29:50 PM »
Yeah, it takes awhile before young people learn to think for themselves.  For some it never occurs.

ZAP

ZAP

It scares me to think that anyone, 18 years old or not, might actually be influenced by some random entertainer's political opinions. (and you're right, Bono is one of the few exceptions)

lucky7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 03:51:28 PM »
maybe low voter turnout isnt so bad....maybe some people really shouldnt vote...in fact, i know plenty....

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 04:01:24 PM »
Something about Bono makes me distrust the guy.
3.8/155

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 04:07:41 PM »
I respect him.  Everything I've seen him do makes me feel like he genuinely cares, unlike others who pick up pet causes.

ZAP

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 04:14:07 PM »
I get the feeling he is just bright enough to control his image in such a way that it looks like he knows what he is talking abot and that he cares.  I honestly have no basis for this other than a gut feeling.  I guess I would believe it more if I saw him take a firm stance against the other mainstream left celebrities on some issue.  I tend to mistrust people that seem to follow every viewpoint that societal status (i.e. prototype redneck, celebrity, college protestor, etc) or political affiliation says they should.  Makes me wonder if they are really examining things.

Perhaps Bono has these stances and i have just missed them.
3.8/155

SNUGGLE

• Sr. Citizen
  • Get some, get some!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 04:41:03 PM »

I respect him because after their first success the entire band seriously considered dropping out so as not to be ruined by their success and I believe Bono and maybe another considered becoming ministers.
You better check yourself before you wreck yourself.

DOWNY

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 04:46:13 PM »
Janet Jackson is nothing but a worthless slut. She should be liquidated and turned into fertilizer. If you disagree with me you are wrong.