Law School Discussion

Your BIGLAW office...

ocap8

Your BIGLAW office...
« on: August 23, 2004, 02:58:38 PM »
Hey All,

Any ideas as to what a typical entry-level associate, fresh-out-of law school, can look forward to in the way of his or her office at a large firm? You see alot of lawyer's offices in movies and they look pretty damn nice (granted, they are usually characters with many years of experience). Any one with personal exposure to a new associate's dwellings?

Dewitt

Re: Your BIGLAW office...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 03:04:22 PM »
theres one new associate at the firm i work at who doesn't have a window office. its just four barren white walls. kinda like my office.

dunson

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 10:42:02 PM »
A friend of mine is a first year associate at a large, not a Vault 100, firm in NYC.  I stopped by to pick her up for lunch one day; she gave me the "tour".  She shares an office that is barely 8 by 11.  The flickery glow of flourescent bulbs detracts from the already ugly off-white walls.  Bulky, ugly and low-quality desks fill the office. 

Biglaw associate offices are really, really small law offices.

nekko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 11:48:15 PM »
All the attorney offices at my firm have windows. The new associates have fairly small offices, an aeron chair, normal desk, small closet/cabinet thing and a small shelf. I think they can choose to have either a desktop of a laptop and a docking station.

Ginatio

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 11:49:54 PM »
theres one new associate at the firm i work at who doesn't have a window office. its just four barren white walls. kinda like my office.

yikes. im not even an attorney yet and i already have big ass windows in my office

lexylit

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 11:52:08 PM »
they're nice in my office and some overlook the ocean  :P in our LA office they just overlook the smog and traffic though

ocap8

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 12:00:12 AM »
So basically...crap.