Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: wait listed at Catholic  (Read 3184 times)

abmarz

• View Profile
wait listed at Catholic
« on: February 11, 2004, 03:16:26 PM »
I was wait listed at Catholic with a 3.5 GPA from BU and a 154 average LSAT (151 & 157). Anybody else wait listed there??

I really want to go there. Any suggestions on how to get accepted off the wait list?

Jason

• View Profile
Re: wait listed at Catholic
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 12:18:30 AM »
I am shocked that you didn't get in with those numbers!  Perhaps you should give them a call to see what was they felt was wrong with your application.  I noticed that you took the LSAT twice.  Did you apply to any schools before you retook the test?

abmarz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 11:06:13 AM »
Yeah, I am pretty pissed i didn't get in with my numbers. I did not apply to any schools until I finished both LSATS. Last time I looked at their stats, their LSAT 25th -75th is roughly 154-159, so I guess that has a major bearing on acceptance because my GPA was in their 75th percentile.

I did call the admissions office and they said I should keep supplementing my app by sending in another rec and letters of interest to the school. Also an updated transcript. I have done all those things, so we'll see what happens. I was wait listed at Hofstra a month ago and yesterday they accepted me off the wait list, so anything can happen!

Did you apply to Catholic? Where are you planning on going to school?

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2004, 03:19:52 AM »
Not sure about Catholic's waitlist process, but hopefully they will take you off.  No, I didn't apply there, I am hoping to go to Ohio State.

abmarz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 11:40:01 PM »
I'm from Ohio. Ohio State is a great school...really competitve.

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 12:35:23 AM »
Did you apply to any schools in Ohio?

abmarz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 01:27:08 PM »
I applied to Case Western and Akron, but I doubt I'll go back to Ohio. Where else did you apply?

pittrugger

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2004, 03:03:26 PM »
I got waitlisted from Catholic in mid-February.  My numbers are a 156/3.49.  I've sent a letter of intent and am in the process of sending an additional letter of rec.  Hope it helps, but who knows.  I guess they have recieved a record numbers of apps., which is the same story as about every other law school in America.

Cherry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 04:03:57 AM »
Wait-listed at Catholic last week

153/3.5

I am expecting a ding so I am still hopeful

HighPSI

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2004, 05:34:20 AM »
2.6, no inflation GPA w/ a 159 LSAT and I got a pretty hefty scholarship @ CUA.  Maybe it's the 8 years of work experience and an engineering undergrad?