"New" Lsat

"New" Lsat
« on: September 25, 2006, 11:17:50 PM »
l

pg25

• MSN Messenger - gharavip@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pouyag
    • View Profile
    • My Blog about teaching English abroad!
Re: "New" Lsat
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 03:36:06 AM »
Dec 04 was the last of the 'easy' scales.

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 08:32:23 AM »
Dec 04 was the last of the 'easy' scales.

so what does that mean, the tests now have harder scales but are easier?

President_Baccaga

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 08:37:16 AM »
Sounds accurate to me...

The vast majority of older tests were more difficult than the last few have been, but the curve was much more generous.  It was typical to find 85-87 as a 170.  The last few exams do not permit anything under 90 if you want to achieve a 170 (Dec. 2005 was the "toughest" scale at 93 for a 170).

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 10:31:29 AM »
I got hit in the head with this one, too.  Did fairly well on the older tests and was scoring in the mid- to high-160s.  I took October 2005 today and got punched in the gut with a 159.  Ouch.

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 10:32:12 AM »
And, of course, the games were unbelievably easy.   :P

President_Baccaga

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 10:43:06 AM »
I just logged on after completing two of the four sections (one LR and one LG) of the Oct. 2005 test and I'm not finding it all that difficult; the games were a walk in the park and I finished with like 12 minutes to go (and that was taking it really slow on the last game after realizing how much time I actually had).  The LR that I did was not that bad either; a couple of stupid mistakes but otherwise I thought it was pretty straightforward.  I think a lot of people are dropping not because the LR and RC of the more recent tests are necessarily more difficult, but rather simply different.  More assumption questions but less of that method of reasoning nonsense. :)

Jets

• At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 10:45:20 AM »
I just logged on after completing two of the four sections (one LR and one LG) of the Oct. 2005 test and I'm not finding it all that difficult; the games were a walk in the park and I finished with like 12 minutes to go (and that was taking it really slow on the last game after realizing how much time I actually had).  The LR that I did was not that bad either; a couple of stupid mistakes but otherwise I thought it was pretty straightforward.  I think a lot of people are dropping not because the LR and RC of the more recent tests are necessarily more difficult, but rather simply different.  More assumption questions but less of that method of reasoning nonsense. :)

I disagree about the method of reasoning. There's lots of them on the newer tests (and principle questions, too).

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 12:57:46 PM »
I got hit in the head with this one, too.  Did fairly well on the older tests and was scoring in the mid- to high-160s.  I took October 2005 today and got punched in the gut with a 159.  Ouch.

Oct 05 test was my worse score in my last 15 or so. Yes, the games were easy but the RC totally screwed be up. It was the WORSE RC section for me. Other tests around that time were more typical of what I had been scoring. I just hope that Saturday somehting strange doens't happen.

Since I'm good at the games, I'm actually sort of hoping for a slightly harder games section and a softer scale. However, based on lastest trends, I'd be surprised if that was the case.