]
;
\
|
~
!
{
}

Author Topic: The D-DUB: Send lawyers, guns, and money.  (Read 101465 times)

molaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • it rubs the lotion on its skin
    • View Profile
MSU 2010

Commodore Norrington

• View Profile
Re: The D-DUB: Send lawyers, guns, and money.
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2007, 01:07:50 AM »
Page ten?  Unacceptable.

Anyone who fails to d-dub down to standard within the next 24 hours will be arrested and thrown in the dungeon.

molaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • it rubs the lotion on its skin
    • View Profile
MSU 2010

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2007, 01:26:25 AM »
Catch and release only.

that's a shame. isn't it like, afternoon there?

Early evening, though I am now back in the States.

yay!
cane's back.
just in time to wish Miss P a happy bday

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2007, 11:59:03 PM »
No, but the real question is should one (of any faith)? Were the deuteronomic laws intended to govern all people of all times? My answer would be no, but I suspect some would disagree.

The thing about Christians and the 10 commandments, though, is that it's much more common (as in universal) than the beatitudeds, for example. And, it's a much older, foundational element of not only the Christian faith, but of western culture (and legal system). THATS why people want the 10 commandments all over the place and they're not making a fuss over the beatitudes.

Edit: at least, that's the good reason. Clearly there are some fanatics who just do it b/c they think it makes the world a better place or because their minister told them it was a good idea.

my position is that the 10 (ok, actually 634) commandments do not apply to new testament christians. paul says that they were done away with numerous times (galatians, colossians, etc) and jesus himself said they would go away with the death & resurrection. that's what the tearing of the curtain between the temple proper and the holy of holies signified -- and why the high priest tore his robes when he saw it because *he* knew exactly what it meant.

so the entire argument is moot. not because the ten commandments have anything bad in them, they were superceded by christ's 3 commandments: love god, love others, love yourself.

thus endeth the lesson, and i'm taking my tired ass to bed.

geez rev, you should be a preacher or something. :D
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Lara

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2007, 04:07:30 AM »
I cannot resist.
If you're talking about me - there's no reason why I would be afraid of getting in trouble, since I've done nothing wrong on these boards whatsoever. In fact, while deleting out the past 3000 posts (and boy, that takes a lot of time let me tell you), I've come to see that while I'm not always right or nice, I truly had always been there for a lot of people, was always someone who answered people's questions and attempted to help.

The reason I am deleting out (and am deleting all the posts, not just select posts as you seem to think) and will finish that process soon is two-fold. First, Laratroll has been stalking and harassing/threatening me over the past few days and weeks. If you look at her posts, about 2/3 of them relate to me in some way. It is downright frightening. She even made fun of Vera, implying that she didn't actually get her high LSAT score. That's shameful. Vera is an upstanding member of this board.

The second reason I am leaving this board is because I no longer want anything to do with some of the very unstable people here. So word to the wise - take Papa Bear's advice (behave accordingly), and I'd also suggest staying away from this place if you can, because there are some people with some serious issues who lurk here. Most of the posters here are really cool people and I'm sad to be leaving them but it's no longer worth it to stick around for the abuse and stalking by certain people.
This is what I think.
Yes I know it all is a slippery smelly slope but what can I do?
http://www.archive.org/details/DennisPouletteThePlunger

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2007, 09:14:29 AM »
I cannot resist.
If you're talking about me - there's no reason why I would be afraid of getting in trouble, since I've done nothing wrong on these boards whatsoever. In fact, while deleting out the past 3000 posts (and boy, that takes a lot of time let me tell you), I've come to see that while I'm not always right or nice, I truly had always been there for a lot of people, was always someone who answered people's questions and attempted to help.

The reason I am deleting out (and am deleting all the posts, not just select posts as you seem to think) and will finish that process soon is two-fold. First, Laratroll has been stalking and harassing/threatening me over the past few days and weeks. If you look at her posts, about 2/3 of them relate to me in some way. It is downright frightening. She even made fun of Vera, implying that she didn't actually get her high LSAT score. That's shameful. Vera is an upstanding member of this board.

The second reason I am leaving this board is because I no longer want anything to do with some of the very unstable people here. So word to the wise - take Papa Bear's advice (behave accordingly), and I'd also suggest staying away from this place if you can, because there are some people with some serious issues who lurk here. Most of the posters here are really cool people and I'm sad to be leaving them but it's no longer worth it to stick around for the abuse and stalking by certain people.

yay!!!

kirkcameronsgf

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2007, 09:46:11 AM »
*has Lara's babies*

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2007, 02:11:49 AM »
Sweet, it worked. Andrew is an LSD genius.

i've been hearing this a lot today.

Like I said, I picked you to be my protege for a reason.

Incidentally, old posts should be purged by hand. It's just how deleting ought to be done.

If I did that, I would never purge.

:-[ there is a better way?

you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2007, 02:54:24 PM »
Sweet, it worked. Andrew is an LSD genius.

i've been hearing this a lot today.

Like I said, I picked you to be my protege for a reason.

Incidentally, old posts should be purged by hand. It's just how deleting ought to be done.

If I did that, I would never purge.

:-[ there is a better way?

Eww.

The Anti-Purge.