Law School Discussion

Please tell me what I should write about...here are all the choices

!@#$%

• View Profile
Re: Please tell me what I should write about...here are all the choices
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2004, 05:52:09 PM »
I'd say #2.  Everything else belongs on your resume.

SNUGGLE

• Get some, get some!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 07:24:27 AM »

2.  I moved to America from Russia when i was 9 (so this is a while back) and my whole family had to face discrimination for being Jewish; recently I won the B'nai B'rith prize in jewish studies for writing a paper about my grandfather who survived the holocaust in romania, the paper is being considered for publication and im going to speak at a thing for jewish studies at our college.

4.  I am the president of the Purdue Organization for Labor Equality.

Well, yes.  Number two would work best.  The other are duds.  However, as you were president of the labor equality board, I must ask you to reconsider law school.  We don't need any more labor law/union lawyers here.

littleredhead

• I like you :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2004, 07:27:32 AM »
im only president to keep those fanatics in line...they have problems understanding basic economic concepts of this stuff sometimes

SNUGGLE

• Get some, get some!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2004, 07:33:58 AM »
im only president to keep those fanatics in line...they have problems understanding basic economic concepts of this stuff sometimes

I'll let it slide for now, but I'll be watching you...

M2

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2004, 08:24:37 AM »
The answer is False

DOWNY

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2004, 08:33:44 AM »
Use one of the DOWNY's old posts for your PS. You can use any of the posts that start out with "What's up fuckers." I recommend the one about being breathalyzed while on mushrooms or the one about the car accident.

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2004, 09:23:40 AM »
#2 easily.  Unless you want to go to Cooley.  Then feel free to use any of the others.

ZAP

Okay so they want the "diverse background" thing and i really dont have anything exceptional about myself but here is a list of things i came up with, which is better?

1.  Ive had full time summer jobs at various places like working as webmaster on campuses or such, since i was about 16.  I also worked part time as webmaster and tech support during 11th and 12th grade and through college.

2.  I moved to America from Russia when i was 9 (so this is a while back) and my whole family had to face discrimination for being Jewish; recently I won the B'nai B'rith prize in jewish studies for writing a paper about my grandfather who survived the holocaust in romania, the paper is being considered for publication and im going to speak at a thing for jewish studies at our college.

3.  I am a senator in the Purdue Student Government.

4.  I am the president of the Purdue Organization for Labor Equality.

5.  I speak Russian and English fluently, and also French because i studied abroad there, and I also know some Spanish.

I could either do the "international relations" angle, or possibly highlight more my webmaster/tech support stuff, because i used to be a CS major (now though im Econ/French.)

Which would be more unique???

HELLLLP!

Thank you :)