Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In this thread we commiserate about the typos we've caught just a bit too late.  (Read 1146 times)

Electric Counterpoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • Harvard 2010
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: In this thread we commiserate about the typos we've caught just a bit too la
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 12:34:35 AM »
As far as typos go, I haven't found anything blatent yet although there is always a chance I could be missing something. 

Glow'd for maximum ironic effect. :P

(Jus' playin!)
Former mostly-anonymous admissions cycle blogger. Current law student.

spud1987

Re: In this thread we commiserate about the typos we've caught just a bit too la
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 09:48:56 AM »
As far as typos go, I haven't found anything blatent yet although there is always a chance I could be missing something. 

(Jus' playin!)

Well luckily I proofread my apps a little bit more than my posts on an online discussions board.   ;)

Electric Counterpoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • Harvard 2010
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 11:05:25 AM »

(Jus' playin!)

Well luckily I proofread my apps a little bit more than my posts on an online discussions board.   ;)

Haha -- actually, I just wanted an excuse to try the "glow" button.
Former mostly-anonymous admissions cycle blogger. Current law student.

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I'm having regrets about not putting anything down where it asked for my class rank. I went to an enormous university--there were 6,000 people in my freshman class. And I didn't even graduate with my class. Would they rank me with the class that graduated the spring before or spring after me, or would the put me with just December grads? I could have just called the university and asked...

Also, there's so much stuff on my applications that doesn't apply to me that it looks wierd to see so many blanks.

And I got really sick of that "Current Address Valid Until __/__/__" question. My current address IS my permanant address, I'll live there until it's time to MOVE.

Me too.  What did you put for that?  I'm just putting sept 1 2007.

I put that as well.  I also contemplated attaching an addendum mentioning that I was like a feather drifting about on a windy fall afternoon, but I figured that would be overkill. 

I left it blank because when they see the same address written down for both the current and permanant address....they should be able to figure it out. If they would just put a box next to it that said "N/A" that you could check, that would be a lot better. You have to think that there are more and more applicants who have been out of school and don't consider their parents' address their permanant one anymore.

wovst

• View Profile
for people with resume typos, are you submitting a new resume?

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I found one in my PS. I'm missing an "and" in a compound sentence. It was in the first 4 apps I sent out. I'm bull, but I'm just going to leave it be. No use in pointing out I'm a dumbass for something that's easy to skim over.
Jim McAllister: Larry, we're not electing the f-ing Pope here. Just tell me who won. -Election

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
i dropped my UT app in the mail yesterday.
5 minutes later, one of my LOR writers said they found a typo in their LOR, which was supposed to be dropped off at the post office about 3 days ago.
i about had a heart attack, then they said they had found the typo 5 minutes before going to the post office to drop off the LOR

so, no typos that i know of got sent in

/just sayin'

daydreamer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
When it asked how long my current address is valid, I put **/**/06 instead of 07!!!!!!! do you think that's bad?  maybe they won't notice..

dgutc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Criminal Record Addendum

I spent eighty hours community service on public highways around

forgot the of. : (

BTLaw

I noticed my application to Penn has a different email address on my resume than on the application.

My application to Cornell has a spelling mistake in the application itself; I wrote eplotment instead of employment and CY instead of CT (for Conn.)

Do they even notice this stuff?