Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What Schools would you take over UofT?  (Read 3217 times)

asdfjkl

• View Profile
Re: What Schools would you take over UofT?
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 02:36:45 PM »
Although the weather in Boston and New York is indeed god-awful as well - it being worse in Boston. Why are these good schools concentrated on the northeast?
I hear stanford isn't too bad.

btw UBC >? UVic???
I've heard good and bad things about both schools....why do you think UVic is better?

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 03:28:42 PM »
Downtown Toronto is fabulous, but so much more is happening in the US. Also, the weather in Toronto has been horrific last year.

as a montreal, i'd disagree comparatively. that said, toronto seems like a very liveable place. Except for the leaf fans i suppose.
THE LSN is here. PLZ post on my LSN profile.

I wish I had more fingers to cross.

farouk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 09:12:26 AM »
"On par with that of HYS."

Don't be ridiculous.

I'd go down for HYSCN (I don't want to live in Chicago), since after that point, if your goal is NY, you might as well just go to U of T and strive for the top.  I think US opportunities are comparable between top 10% of U of T and top 3rd of MVP, nevermind the cost differential, not that I have any proof of this......

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 12:26:47 AM »
I think U of T's ability to place students in Canadian BigLaw is comparable to that of the lower T14 schools placement in the US.  I would probably only take HYSCCN over U of T, because these schools make it nearly a 100% guarantee you can get BigLaw no matter how poorly you do.

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 12:37:15 AM »
I'd take any of the top 7, and any of the top 14 if I got a significant scholarship over UofT. Keep in mind I am from BC, so Toronto holds no special appeal--it's just as far away as the T14 is.