Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OVER KILL STUDYING  (Read 780 times)

HaciM36

• Sr. Citizen
  • YUM YUM YUM
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HAC1M36
    • View Profile
OVER KILL STUDYING
« on: September 21, 2006, 11:31:30 PM »
Hey I was wondering what "amount" of studyign people usually do. Is doing 2 full timed tests in a given day over kill or are there people out there having success with this "cramming"??? Bear in mind im taking the June LSAT so I'm not in a cramming 1 week away LSAT mode like everyone else. For those who are good luck!
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forthfrom thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

nyu4ever

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OVER KILL STUDYING
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 11:32:36 PM »
Studying now for June?  IMO, that in itself is a bit overkill:)

HaciM36

• Sr. Citizen
  • YUM YUM YUM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 11:36:29 PM »
well i was originally signed up for the sept lsat and actually still am just need to cancel before then but decided taking a year off would only boost my gpa and im not satisfied with the consistent upper 150s im scoring right now, need to get into the mid to upper 160s for the schools im aiming at
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forthfrom thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

nyu4ever

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 11:44:57 PM »
well i was originally signed up for the sept lsat and actually still am just need to cancel before then but decided taking a year off would only boost my gpa and im not satisfied with the consistent upper 150s im scoring right now, need to get into the mid to upper 160s for the schools im aiming at

Sounds like a good plan!

HaciM36

• Sr. Citizen
  • YUM YUM YUM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 11:46:04 PM »
THANKS!

TheCanadian

• Sr. Citizen
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 01:41:28 AM »
I do a test a day and re-read chapter of my study notes...just to keep it all up there...i feel like i'm almost at the point where studying seems futile, but I keep on trecking...cuz a perfect score on the lsat is the best b-day present i can give to myself.
Excuse me, I just noticed you noticing me and I just wanted to give you notice that I noticed you too.

bjump99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 09:04:31 AM »
Be careful, I had been studying balls to the wall for the past 2 1/2 months then, like two weeks ago I found that my score was actually dropping because I was losing my focus and was getting sloppy. So I have decided to just do 1 full practice exam a couple days before (sept 30) and other then that I am just practicing LG and studying my LRB and LGB again.

JUST BE CAREFUL YOU DON'T BURN YOURSELF OUT.

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 10:24:09 AM »
I have been studying since mid JUne for the LSAt and I'm pretty tired of the damn thing. Can barely force myself to finisha  diagnostic. So what I do now is just ahve maybe 3 study sessions a week around 3-6 hours each. I make them long to excercise my stamina.
Also, i do not reccomend you start studying for the LSAt next year now, study maybe5 months tops from the actual tests, simply because if you start studying now and you study hard you will run out of materials pretty soon.

ricflair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 12:34:24 PM »
Also, i do not reccomend you start studying for the LSAt next year now, study maybe5 months tops from the actual tests, simply because if you start studying now and you study hard you will run out of materials pretty soon.

Seriously, OP--your test is SEVEN MONTHS AWAY! If you're taking two practice tests a day, you won't have a damn thing left to study for many weeks before the real thing.

Vick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 12:39:22 PM »

Seriously, OP--your test is SEVEN MONTHS AWAY! If you're taking two practice tests a day, you won't have a damn thing left to study for many weeks before the real thing.

This is the problem I'm encountering right now. If I decided to postpone and take the test in December, I have no idea what I'd study!  I've taken nearly every test out there in preparation for the test in 8 days.