Law School Discussion

yet another ps topic question

yet another ps topic question
« on: September 21, 2006, 12:23:03 PM »
Another topic question, but I suppose that this is what this section is for right.
Anyways, here's a few of my ideas and let me know what you guys think.
I grew up in a very small (2000) town with little diversity and very close minded, and then I went to a university of 50k and loved it. My grades were higher, I was happier, and I am thinking this would be more along the lines of a diversity statement if anywhere requires it.
Another option was to write about senior of high school and me tearing my acl and having to rehab it which was a pain, and how it made me realize that sports werent everything (i was going to play sports at a small school but instead chose to goto a large university because of this)
I don't know how much I like either of these ideas however, what do you guys think?

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: yet another ps topic question
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 12:27:43 PM »
I dunno, I think the second idea would be better for a PS.  You'd have to make sure though that you tie it into your college experience and not just dwell on high school. 

Re: yet another ps topic question
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 03:55:46 PM »
I think the first idea is a good DS topic. I think you can leverage your experiences in a small town (that is the background that not all of use are going to have) and how that has affected your perspective. The 2nd topic could be a decent PS simply because there was an evnt in your life which made you chose a different course. For this to be effective, you would need to relate it to a more mature phase of your life, as HR suggested.