Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Third LOR from TA at college?  (Read 431 times)

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
Third LOR from TA at college?
« on: September 21, 2006, 11:25:40 AM »
I'm already aware that there have probably been numerous threads on the acceptability of getting LORs from TAs but I'm going to start a new one anyway :)

Currently, I should have one letter from one of my professors in college and another from this attorney at my law firm with whom I've worked closely and who has said he can write me a very good LOR. Now, one option for the third LOR is from a TA from college. I went to a state school (UVa) and the classes were generally large and I only took more than one class with two professors. This TA, however, I've had for two classes and I did very well in the classes he TA'ed for. As was the case with many TAs at UVa, he's not very proficient in English and I don't want a LOR obviously that is riddled with grammatical and spelling mistakes. I could maybe ask him if he could get someone else to help him out with the writing. Provided he does this, should i get a letter from him? He could write a very good LOR as I did well in his classes and was probably his favorite student.

bridget

• Sr. Citizen
  • crepes=delicious
    • View Profile
Re: Third LOR from TA at college?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 12:31:19 AM »
the admissions person from UChicago who visited my school said if someone can write a good letter, as long as it's not your mom, it's a good letter and will be considered the same as others.  You've got one professor so it's probably perfectly ok to use a TA for the third one.
Teach For America*Chicago