Law School Discussion

Basic Black

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Basic Black
« on: September 21, 2006, 07:35:51 AM »
The New Basic Black: Home Training for Modern Times -- Revised Edition by Karen Grigsby Bates and Karen E. Hudson
http://www.amazon.com/New-Basic-Training-Modern-Revised/dp/0385516266

Does anyone know anything about this book or has read it? It serves at an etiquette guide of sorts for African Americans, including stuff like what to do when you get unacceptable treatment in a restaurant, and how to respond to racial harassment at work.  It seemed like an interesting read.  Thoughts?

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: Basic Black
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 05:32:13 AM »
Sorry Moni  I haven't read it but it does seem to be  really interesting.  For some reason the authors sound so familiar to me.  OOh, you should read Harriet Cole's book-  the title escapes me @ the moment-  but it's about a few years old.  Same sort of thing and Harriet Cole has written quite a few other similar things.     

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 08:29:38 AM »
Harriet Cole's book is How to Be.  I've also heard good things about that one.  Maybe I'll pick them up for some leasurely reading for the long stretch after my apps are sent.  ;)

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 12:38:31 PM »
Harriet Cole's book is How to Be.  I've also heard good things about that one.  Maybe I'll pick them up for some leasurely reading for the long stretch after my apps are sent.  ;)

Yep  How to be  that's why I logged back in to tell you.  Beat me to the punch.  But you'll enjoy it  :)