Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: International student from Taiwan (non-US citizen)  (Read 776 times)

jlk.twbigtaro

International student from Taiwan (non-US citizen)
« on: September 21, 2006, 08:20:07 AM »
Hi everyone,
i'd like to ask all of you what are my chances of admission to say tier-2 and lower law schools?
here's a little something about me..
I'm taking the LSAT on Oct. 1st in Taiwan, i don't think i can do pretty good.
I keep getting below 150 on practice tests. argh ><
I graduated in June 2006, my major is law, got an LL.B., but my GPA is 2.39.
I worked full-time thru college to meet expenses and payoff student loans.
I grew up in Argentina, speaking Spanish; went to high school for less than a year in Texas, and came back to Taiwan for college.
I'm fluent in four languages, and i got the "Best Oralist Award" for the 2006 Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moort Court Competition.
I secured a good LOR from our Dean, who's been pretty much my hommiee thru college. but still, my grades and the lsat, they been tormenting me for months...

can anyone be so kind as to tell me if with these factors i'll stand a chance to be admitted to a tier-2 or lower school? i really don't care if i go to a tier-4 law school, because that does not decide a lawyer's success on the long run.
oh, and i'm Asian, not US-citizen though, nor hold a green card.
Thank you everyone!!
Joseph

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: International student from Taiwan (non-US citizen)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 09:30:14 AM »
Hi everyone,
i'd like to ask all of you what are my chances of admission to say tier-2 and lower law schools?
here's a little something about me..
I'm taking the LSAT on Oct. 1st in Taiwan, i don't think i can do pretty good.
I keep getting below 150 on practice tests. argh ><
I graduated in June 2006, my major is law, got an LL.B., but my GPA is 2.39.
I worked full-time thru college to meet expenses and payoff student loans.
I grew up in Argentina, speaking Spanish; went to high school for less than a year in Texas, and came back to Taiwan for college.
I'm fluent in four languages, and i got the "Best Oralist Award" for the 2006 Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moort Court Competition.
I secured a good LOR from our Dean, who's been pretty much my hommiee thru college. but still, my grades and the lsat, they been tormenting me for months...

can anyone be so kind as to tell me if with these factors i'll stand a chance to be admitted to a tier-2 or lower school? i really don't care if i go to a tier-4 law school, because that does not decide a lawyer's success on the long run.
oh, and i'm Asian, not US-citizen though, nor hold a green card.
Thank you everyone!!
Joseph

Despite your unique soft factors, the very best thing that you can do for yourself is to increase your LSAT.  A sub-150 score is very hard to overcome, especially with your low GPA.  It looks even worse that you got those grades in an LLB program, because it implies that you can't handle a serious law curriculum.  Do anything that you can to increase the LSAT, even if it means waiting a year to apply so that you can use the extra time to study.  With a sub-150 lsat and a 2.39 GPA, you have a very slim chance even at a T2.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn