Law School Discussion

Would this be inappropriate?

Would this be inappropriate?
« on: September 18, 2006, 06:01:23 PM »
OK, here's my dilemma:

I recently withdrew from grad school to pursue LS (should have done this a long time ago).  Would it be inappropriate to ask one of the LOR writers that wrote one for grad school for an LOR for LS?  I've spoken to her via email about my withdrawal and LS considerations, but would it be tacky to ask her again?  If I don't, my options would be pretty slim, as I've been out of undergrad for awhile and haven't really kept in contact with other profs over the years.  I especially would like to ask her for one since I took an advanced research class with her.  I'm pretty sure she would be willing to do this, but I don't want to come off as an LOR whore.  Thoughts?

Thanks,
D.

jacy85

• View Profile
Re: Would this be inappropriate?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 06:45:10 PM »
When did you start grad school?  Have you been in the program for a while?  If you have, try to find a professor you had during your grad program.

Otherwise, if your recommender would be happy to support you in this career/educational change, and would be willing to write you a LOR, then go for it.

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 08:39:42 AM »
When did you start grad school?  Have you been in the program for a while?  If you have, try to find a professor you had during your grad program.

Otherwise, if your recommender would be happy to support you in this career/educational change, and would be willing to write you a LOR, then go for it.

I withdrew the first semester.  So none of the profs really know me or my academic strengths. 

So far she's been supportive of the career change.  Thanks for the advice.

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 08:41:11 AM »
Ditto.  If it hasn't been long, and she supports you, ask her again.  Just realize that she might very well just take your old LOR and change "grad program" to "law school".  Make sure you let her know of any recent accomlishments.

Hmm, I never thought of that.  Thanks for the info.