Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New Server (again)  (Read 1014 times)

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
New Server (again)
« on: August 22, 2004, 04:07:52 PM »
Hi all,

We got kicked off the "new" server and now have an even newer one.  We're almost done with the change over but you'll notice a few inconveniences while we await domain name propagation (ie - might not stay logged in, etc).  Many problems will be solved naturally in a few days.

Please reply to this message with problems.  If it's not related to domain name propagation it's probably just something I forgot to do/fix, so let me know so I can fix it.

There might be problems with avatars again - I haven't checked whether those are working right now.  If there are I'll fix those in the next few days.

Now - I'm moving apartments this week so please be patient.  But do list problems below so I know about them.

thechoson

Re: New Server (again)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 11:16:35 PM »
take your time, and thanks for all the hard work. But please, do something about the avatars soon, this Freddie Prinze is just temporary, I swear

Regal_Muse

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 11:45:22 PM »
I can't load any new pictures to my profile....

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 09:42:57 AM »
You should be able to load pictures that are smaller than 100x100 pixels.  Resize the picture and try again.

I'm working on getting an automatic resizer set up on the server, but it's going to take a couple days (I'm moving this week).  For now either live without an avatar or try something smaller.  Sometime next week you should be able to upload any sized picture.