Law School Discussion

ANYONE VISITING SCHOOLS THIS FALL?

PromiscuousBoy

• That is all.
    • View Profile
ANYONE VISITING SCHOOLS THIS FALL?
« on: September 17, 2006, 02:12:19 AM »
is anyone visiting schools this fall? maybe we can meet up in whatever cities. I'm going to Boston to see HLS, then seeing YLS, CLS, NYU... if anyone wants to meet up let me know!

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: ANYONE VISITING SCHOOLS THIS FALL?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 10:20:19 AM »
is anyone visiting schools this fall? maybe we can meet up in whatever cities. I'm going to Boston to see HLS, then seeing YLS, CLS, NYU... if anyone wants to meet up let me know!

I'm trying to decide how I'm going to manage school visits.  I might have to do most of them in the spring.  I'll be in Nashville for a week next month, so I'm considering flying to Chicago on one of those days and visiting/interviewing at Northwestern and Chicago.

I don't have much vacation time left, but I might try and fly to DC, NYC or Philly for Nov 11 (holiday) weekend.

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 12:12:15 PM »
Anyone who wants to visit Penn in the fall is welcome to crash here. My only requirements are that you enjoy drinking and aren't too sketchy. Message me if interested.

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 03:48:18 PM »
I was thinking about this, and was considering just waiting and visiting only the schools I get into.  One, it'll be cheaper, and two, I won't get my heart broken by a school I loved that rejects me. Thoughts?

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 05:36:43 PM »
I was thinking about this, and was considering just waiting and visiting only the schools I get into.  One, it'll be cheaper, and two, I won't get my heart broken by a school I loved that rejects me. Thoughts?

This will probably be my plan as well.  I'll visit schools if I happen to be in the city, but I may not go out of my way to visit schools until all the cards are laid out.

spud1987

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 06:28:56 PM »
I really want to visit Boalt to express my interest but I don't really have time to go except for Columbus Day weekend and the $350 ticket from DC is kind of discouraging.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 04:41:16 AM »
I really want to visit Boalt to express my interest but I don't really have time to go except for Columbus Day weekend and the $350 ticket from DC is kind of discouraging.
How big of an effect do you think this would have on admissions? Perhaps less impressive for a California resident?

spud1987

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 05:57:23 AM »
How big of an effect do you think this would have on admissions? Perhaps less impressive for a California resident?

I think it would just let the school know that you truly are interested and from what I understand, schools like that.  I honestly don't know how much of an effect it will have, which is why I don't think I'm going to go visit unless I get admitted. 

dunson6

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 07:00:10 AM »
I want to sit in on the NYC schools and will probably only visit away schools after I get in.  I don't know if sitting in on one class will really help distinguish schools, but I need something to cover up for the fact that I'm going to look at how pretty the school is. 

CGEsq

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 12:56:30 PM »
I plan to visit at least Loyola-Chicago and Kent, but it's kind of weird because I'm not telling anyone in my family about the whole law school thing until I get in, or if I get an LSAT score that will make it obvious that I'll get in.  So I'll be on the tours all by myself, which probably isn't normal, but oh well.