_

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Primetime on Mean Girls Last Night
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 12:35:20 PM »
I don't like mean girls.
by definition they're mean.

in highschool my circle didn't have them... we were just friends that had fun.
I'm so greatful for them.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 12:35:32 PM »
Did anyone watch this?

I wasn't in high school all that long ago, and I feel like girls are even meaner than they were 5 years ago. I didn't know that was possible!

Even worse, my little sister is heading that direction or is one already.

then you havent been paying attention.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 12:51:13 PM »
thats one of the new games.

pig something or ther.

hot guy/girl finds a shy less attractive person, encourages them, then dumps them in the most humiliating way possible.

dont know where this cruelness comes from, but its growing.

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 12:53:25 PM »
CRAP
I should have
my writing assignment this semester is on cyber bullying

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 12:58:33 PM »
CRAP
I should have
my writing assignment this semester is on cyber bullying

I'm sure that you could get it , and esp. if its for academia, for free. it was on abc. really really good.

They had a whole made up scenario where they took girls from different schools, but them in groups of threes with all the technology teens normally have and just watched them butcher each other. The study was set up by the BYU psych department, so maybe check their website for more on it.

and did they come to any conclusions?

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 01:10:33 PM »
Yes -

The internet provides hs & jr. high girls w a way to bully their classmates in anonymity. (and as well all know, ppl don't act the same when they think no one can attribute it to them).

All this technology makes it possible to not be able to escape the bullying a child is encountering in school. It used to be that even if you were being tortured during the day, your home life and private life could buffer it. But when the hateful things being said about you during school are being broadcast to the world over the internet, that buffer and comfort is destroyed.

Lecturing kids on the effects of internet bullying hasn't shown to have a great effect, instead, what works is telling them the stories of kids who have suffered serious consequences from it.

You should only have 1 computer in your house that your children can use, and it should be in a highly visible place, like a family room. You should at least know if your kids have myspace or facebook accts or webblogs.

The researchers were split on whether its appropriate to look for your children's websites online.

anything about parent sthat dont care if there kids are bullies?

So Yeah....

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 01:13:05 PM »
Yes -

The internet provides hs & jr. high girls w a way to bully their classmates in anonymity. (and as well all know, ppl don't act the same when they think no one can attribute it to them).

All this technology makes it possible to not be able to escape the bullying a child is encountering in school. It used to be that even if you were being tortured during the day, your home life and private life could buffer it. But when the hateful things being said about you during school are being broadcast to the world over the internet, that buffer and comfort is destroyed.

so....

the mean shall inherit the earth?

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 01:24:25 PM »
i think many parents are totally clueless to how thier children really act when there not around.

do your parents know about your sister?

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 01:32:16 PM »
Was this the special in which Diane Sawyer actually said the words "Fruity McGay Gay" on national television?

Priceless...