Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: User Names  (Read 1790 times)

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
User Names
« on: August 21, 2004, 10:41:41 PM »
Andrew, can you set the board to only allow one alias?  This childish behavior of changing
usernames is becomming annoying.  Change the avatars fine, but can't you make it so that one is not able to change their username, and if they did want to change it, can you make it so they lose their PM history.  I know people will just re-register from a web-based mail account, but if you can track IP's, or make the registering of a newmember a bit more time consuming, we would have less idiots that join, and more quality posts because that user went through a lentghy registration process.  The main problem lies when using the search feature.  I am trying to get a tagline from a user, who changed their name.  I can't find that person anymore.  What do you think?
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

Ginatio

Re: User Names
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 10:55:40 PM »
Andrew, can you set the board to only allow one alias?  This childish behavior of changing
usernames is becomming annoying.  Change the avatars fine, but can't you make it so that one is not able to change their username, and if they did want to change it, can you make it so they lose their PM history.  I know people will just re-register from a web-based mail account, but if you can track IP's, or make the registering of a newmember a bit more time consuming, we would have less idiots that join, and more quality posts because that user went through a lentghy registration process.  The main problem lies when using the search feature.  I am trying to get a tagline from a user, who changed their name.  I can't find that person anymore.  What do you think?

yeah, seriously.

NYKnicks

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 10:59:37 PM »
lol  :D

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004, 11:39:49 PM »
You are not helping my case you jokers!  ;D  I know Ginatio, no the other dude  ::)

So I want to find this quote from vince lombardi that was used in GA Kristy's tagline.
How can I find this if she changed her name?  I would look harder, different variations of the name GA-Kristy, but won't because she may have changed her name, and it would be a total waste of time.  You guys have to at least agree with me on that particular instance. 
Oh, wait, I made an assumption, can't do that!  ;D
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

NYKnicks

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 11:50:36 PM »
Yeah, that sucks, but I guess next time you see something you might want to keep, you could always email yourself the post? I dunno, haha.

thechoson

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 12:12:26 AM »
tools

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2004, 12:18:45 AM »
Heh.  If I knew I wanted it then, I would have written it down.  It's a month later, and I only realize now that I really need it.  Hey, when it comes to messing around, stirring the *&^%, and making dumbass remarks, and just being plain ass annoying, I'm right up with the best of them  ;D  So what is your motivation to change your username other than annoying me?  You people are no different than me, so you have to have a good reason.  ooops damn another assumption!  LOL!  Tell you what, find the tagline for me, I will promise to never annoy anyone again.   ;D

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2004, 12:20:35 AM »
tools

Hmmmm.  If only I knew what that means  ???

NYKnicks

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2004, 12:22:53 AM »
black and decker makes em.

M2

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2004, 01:36:38 AM »
Usernames rock yo momma's world.