Law School Discussion

_

h2xblive

Re: "Gal Pals"
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 12:26:41 PM »
I imagine that the intimidating thing is not really that much of a factor, if at all.  She would only be intimidating if she was standoffish somehow, or real quiet or something like that.

Maybe she is too quick to fit in with the guys.  Also, maybe she shows the same attention to all of the guys in the group, and therefore is hard to read.  Does she have a particular interest in any of the guys she has been "GalPal" to? If so, has she let that be known?  It is possible that somewhow the guys she has been friends with have been reluctant to move past the friend stage for fear of screwing something up or offending her. 

Is she flirtatious at all?  Sometimes, guys practically need to be hit over the head to understand a woman's intentions.  Of course, flirtatious does not mean slutty, but maybe she comes across as too much of one of the guys. 

It is also possible that guys are generally idiots and don't know a good thing when they see it. ;)

Very true.  I've heard many girls complain when a guy, they thought was just a friend, makes a move on them.

I've gotten the impression that many girls like having certain guys as friends...and only a friends.  Perhaps some men think they're one of those "friends only guys" and don't want to risk upsetting the girl.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 12:31:41 PM »
I imagine that the intimidating thing is not really that much of a factor, if at all.  She would only be intimidating if she was standoffish somehow, or real quiet or something like that.

Maybe she is too quick to fit in with the guys.  Also, maybe she shows the same attention to all of the guys in the group, and therefore is hard to read.  Does she have a particular interest in any of the guys she has been "GalPal" to? If so, has she let that be known?  It is possible that somewhow the guys she has been friends with have been reluctant to move past the friend stage for fear of screwing something up or offending her. 

Is she flirtatious at all?  Sometimes, guys practically need to be hit over the head to understand a woman's intentions.  Of course, flirtatious does not mean slutty, but maybe she comes across as too much of one of the guys. 

It is also possible that guys are generally idiots and don't know a good thing when they see it. ;)

Very true.  I've heard many girls complain when a guy, they thought was just a friend, makes a move on them.

I've gotten the impression that many girls like having certain guys as friends...and only a friends.  Perhaps some men think they're one of those "friends only guys" and don't want to risk upsetting the girl.

from what ive been told, they know within minutes of meeting a guy if he has any chance of getting the goods, and they rarely change thier mind.

wenches!

h2xblive

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 12:59:23 PM »

Also, if multiple friends (guys) like the same girl, she can kiss her chances with either of them goodbye, unless she makes the first move or the guys don't obey the code.

you must have loyal friends.

the only kind worth having

I would consider loyal friends to be redundant, in fact.

i would tend to urge caution to this statement.  you never really know.  TRUST ME.

I tend to think of "friends" that can't be trusted, simply as acquaintances.  Too bad I have more acquaintances than friends.  Oh well.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 01:03:08 PM »
never takes long for these things to drift off topic...

h2xblive

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 01:03:37 PM »

from what ive been told, they know within minutes of meeting a guy if he has any chance of getting the goods, and they rarely change thier mind.

wenches!

I would find it very hard to believe that what you just said applies to the majority of women.

h2xblive

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 01:07:44 PM »
never takes long for these things to drift off topic...

Well demingh hasn't come back yet to read our truly insightful opinions. :D
We must keep ourselves amused in the meantime.

Exactly

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 01:15:58 PM »
have her be more tochy feely, and do the coy thing with the eyes.

also, the hair flip can be attractive.

h2xblive

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 01:16:39 PM »
Lunch Break! But I'm back.

I will be forwarding on your responses to her, as I will believe that you schmucks do have some insight into the male mind!  :)

fyi - she is anything but quiet, she is the type who walks into a room and can talk to people immediately. As far as asking guys out, she is uber Italian American, and I don't think she will ever (soberly) ask a guy out. Too much into tradition. It is interesting that you guys mention "the code" bc already she has told me that 2 guys who it appears will end up being each others best friends in law school have both made drunken comments to her that would make you think they might be interested. Perhaps the man code is holding her back in this particular situation.

I also think that a potential problem is that while she adores her guy friends she is very (probably overly and unjustifiably) jaded about guys as hookups/boyfriends. (Ladies - Every girl gets left for another girl at some point. This is life. Don't take it all that personally or despise men as a race because of it.) Perhaps she is sending out that vibe more than she is aware...

The question, it appears, then becomes: how do you convince a guy that it is worth risking the friendship over to see if it could develop into something more????

Teach women to not punish men for taking risks.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 01:22:20 PM »
have her be more tochy feely, and do the coy thing with the eyes.

also, the hair flip can be attractive.

haha i mentioned the hair flip in my conversation w her last night.

it is also a tragedy that short skirts are no long apropos in law school, bc she has great legs!

short skirts are good everywhere!

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 01:24:10 PM »
establish a target guy and pursue with an under-used weapon... the bottom-lip bite.