its possible she gives off negative vibes

or maybe she just rebuffs all offers.

jd2bee

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Gal Pals"
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 11:57:47 AM »
Wow, I think you just described me :)

I've dated, but for the most part I am the eternal gal pal - a cool one too!  I like cars, can hang in any guy conversation, but I'm still girly (not like a mannish gal pal or anything).  Many of my guy pals have said, "You're exactly the type of person I want to be with/marry/sleep with, lol.  But I'm usually the single one!

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 11:59:16 AM »
Wow, I think you just described me :)

I've dated, but for the most part I am the eternal gal pal - a cool one too!  I like cars, can hang in any guy conversation, but I'm still girly (not like a mannish gal pal or anything).  Many of my guy pals have said, "You're exactly the type of person I want to be with/marry/sleep with, lol.  But I'm usually the single one!

its obvious yall dont live in the south, cause cool attractive irls are NEVER single for long in the south.  :-\

jd2bee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 12:01:05 PM »
True, I live in SoCal, where the only girls never single are the fake blond ones who can't really hold a conversation.

Just kidding (mostly)

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 12:03:29 PM »
True, I live in SoCal, where the only girls never single are the fake blond ones who can't really hold a conversation.

Just kidding (mostly)

there nice to look at.  and ok to , umm, hehe.

but for dating?  methinks not.

jorge

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 12:07:28 PM »
It sounds like she's complicit in the whole thing. Why not ask a guy she likes out?

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 12:19:43 PM »
or maybe she made it clear she wasnt interested in any of her pals.

juliemccoy

• Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 12:20:38 PM »
there are lots of fun, pretty good girls like your friend. Eventually, a nice guy will grow balls and ask her out. In the meantime, yes, if she throws down an anxious vibe or seems too quiet, people may find her a bit unapproachable. Or they may merely be intimidated her hotness.  ;D

h2xblive

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 12:22:40 PM »
So, I was just having a discussion with a friend of mine that just started law school. In ug, she was best friends with a bunch of guys, but never once had a boyfriend. I never really understood it, she's good-looking, smart, outgoing, laidback and loves football - you would think she would be the ultimate girlfriend. But instead she is the ultimate Gal Pal.

Within the first month of law school, she senses this trend continuing and wants to end it. In fact, in a drunken state, her friend asked a bunch of guys in the class who they would most like to sleep with or date and she was one of the most mentioned ones...and yet, no takers yet!

My question for the LSD boys out there is: What is the difference btw a gal pal and a girlfriend? Why does this keep happening to her and what can she do to fix it? Does that speech about "she's intimidating" contain a kernel of truth or is it all BS as I suspect?

What's the differene?  The only difference is that you're not romantically involved with a gal pal.  Interpret that statement as you wish.

Why does it keep happening to her?  Could be many things, but I wouldn't be surprised if guys are intimidated by her, or always assume she's with someone or has her eye on someone else.  It all depends on what she's like in person, the guys she always hangs out with, etc.

What can she do to fix it?  She could start asking guys out, for one thing.  She might not want to wait until she's a "gal pal" to do that, though.

I think of it this way.  Let's say I have a "gal pal" where she and I are basically a sexless couple.  Would I ask her out romantically?  Probably not.  If I thought the only thing "missing" between her and I was related to sex, why risk changing a near perfect relationship in order to get some ass, that I might be able to get from other places?