Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does the beginning of my PS interest anyone?!?!  (Read 2782 times)

dr_draino

Re: Does the beginning of my PS interest anyone?!?!
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2004, 09:56:35 PM »
Why do you find yourself in need of rearranging some safrole?

dr_draino

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2004, 10:06:53 PM »
My skills are all nanotech related.  Synthesis...well, lets just say I have enough trouble making a cup of coffee.

no need really... just checkin your skills... its a difficult process.

dr_draino

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2004, 10:18:46 PM »
Money in nanotech is excellent (70+)...but it really requires a post-doc at the moment and very good connections as the field is so small (at least from the chemist side, anyway).  I teach at a very small liberal arts college...never really liked doing actual lab work much (of course now I have 3 labs a week I have to prep).

I'm still not fully sure about the where.  My ugpa was a blazing 2.9, but my LSAT is looking like it'll be 167-170 range, I've got several publications, lots of committe work from my current post (which is mostly underserved students...70% 1st gen. college, so I've got a lot to write about there).  George Washington would be my first choice.  Franklin Pierce looks like a great place as long as you're certain you wanna do IP and you open up a can of whup-ass while there.  I'd originally planned on applying next year, but some crazy administrative bull with pay at my current school got me starting a little earlier so I'm trying to play catch up right now.  How 'bout you? 

yeah, very few chemists, i have found, can do this one.  how is the $$ in nanotech though, good i would imagine?  where you want to go to LS?

My skills are all nanotech related.  Synthesis...well, lets just say I have enough trouble making a cup of coffee.

dr_draino

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2004, 10:29:58 PM »
Nope, but I've always had friends living there and love the city...I'm about 180 miles south on 95.  I'm basing my search more on "regions with good technology that I know a fair amount about and a decent law school", which pretty much puts me looking at DC, Boston and Chicago.  BU is definitely looking out of reach, Chicago is an option but I'm just not sure about dealing with that kinda weather and complete lack of mountains.

i think with your WE and a grad degree, GW will be close to a lock if you can get the LSAT you are expecting.  i just dont see them getting a lot of candidates with your credentials.

i work in health care info systems.  pretty much hate my job, but the pay is reasonable.  i am applying part time to GULC, GMU, and possibly GW.  i may also apply to american and catholic but hoping it doesnt come to that...  i have a criminal record >5 years old, but lots of feel good volunteer stuff that i am hoping will offset that.  you dont live in DC Metro area do you?

i am interested in corporate and tax law.

Money in nanotech is excellent (70+)...but it really requires a post-doc at the moment and very good connections as the field is so small (at least from the chemist side, anyway).  I teach at a very small liberal arts college...never really liked doing actual lab work much (of course now I have 3 labs a week I have to prep).

I'm still not fully sure about the where.  My ugpa was a blazing 2.9, but my LSAT is looking like it'll be 167-170 range, I've got several publications, lots of committe work from my current post (which is mostly underserved students...70% 1st gen. college, so I've got a lot to write about there).  George Washington would be my first choice.  Franklin Pierce looks like a great place as long as you're certain you wanna do IP and you open up a can of whup-ass while there.  I'd originally planned on applying next year, but some crazy administrative bull with pay at my current school got me starting a little earlier so I'm trying to play catch up right now.  How 'bout you? 

yeah, very few chemists, i have found, can do this one.  how is the $$ in nanotech though, good i would imagine?  where you want to go to LS?