Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does the beginning of my PS interest anyone?!?!  (Read 2805 times)

drowles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Does the beginning of my PS interest anyone?!?!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2004, 02:55:10 PM »
yeah.. its a tough link any way you look at it.. but I just want to demonstrate that I dont lack creativity.. I also plan to talk about how I must interact with clients on a daily basis working in the consulting business... The goal of my essay, really, is to offset the negative image of engineers..  I want to come across as a creative person with outside interests who has no problem communicating his ideas.. Thats the goal, now if only I could figure out a better execution...
ATTENDING... UGA.. GO DAWGS!!!
Accepted: UGA, GW PT, Tulane
Dinged:GMU PT/FT
Priority Waitlist: Gtown PT
Waitlist: BC, WUSTL, Emory
Applied: GMU PT/FT, GW PT, Gtown PT, Emory, UGA, BC, Tulane, WUSTL

BAFF213

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2004, 09:18:02 PM »
At first, I found the guitar to be extremely difficult.  The tips of my fingers on my right hand were always in pain from slamming down on the steel strings, my left hand didnít feel comfortable with a pick in it

So you're a lefty (I am also a guitar player - as well as piano and bass guitar)?

gimeurmoneycocskr

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2004, 09:21:56 PM »
At first, I found the guitar to be extremely difficult.  The tips of my fingers on my right hand were always in pain from slamming down on the steel strings, my left hand didnít feel comfortable with a pick in it

So you're a lefty (I am also a guitar player - as well as piano and bass guitar)?

This guy is scary.  Does'nt he look like a pederast?

dr_draino

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2004, 09:27:44 PM »
Problem:  frustration w/ learning how to play guitar does not equate to frustration over having to make a decision between 3 options

Solution:  your goal is to use the guitar thing to show creativity (you may wanna think about that, as people that decided to pick up blues guitar in college are a dime-a-dozen...I lived on a hall with at least 4 of them) so why not link the guitar playing to feeling that pursuing the Law Degree will allow you to inject creativity/expression/freedom into your profession that you are lacking now.

BAFF213

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2004, 09:35:01 PM »

This guy is scary.  Does'nt he look like a pederast?

whatever man it's a bad picture.  all right let me see if i can scan a different one in.  i cant take this flack anymore.

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2004, 03:17:55 AM »
Just don't take a pic of yourself with a webcam straddled to your computer.
Those are always lame, and you know who is doing it.  Personally, taking
a picture of yourself and posting it on the internet is a bit vain, for guys I mean.  Scan
a picture of you killing a bear or something.  Can't do that with a web camera.
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

drowles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2004, 12:57:34 PM »
F-it.. I dont really have that much that is unique.. About the only thing is I am half british and have been to Europe a bunch.. But, who hasnt traveled overseas?!  In addition, Ive played soccer for my state olympic development teams as I was growing up and went on a European tour with my highschool team.. But, *&^%, thats all way in the past and can be seen on the rest of my app anyway.. Working 8am-6pm every day with two weeks of vacation each year.. its difficult to talk about much that isnt in the past and will set me apart from the crowd.. I mean, I figured engineering is a plus, but I also want to represent myself as a normal dude.. Guitar was all I could think of.. Yes Im a lefty (this also means Im creative.. right?!)   

Thanks for everyones input.. freaky picture dude!
ATTENDING... UGA.. GO DAWGS!!!
Accepted: UGA, GW PT, Tulane
Dinged:GMU PT/FT
Priority Waitlist: Gtown PT
Waitlist: BC, WUSTL, Emory
Applied: GMU PT/FT, GW PT, Gtown PT, Emory, UGA, BC, Tulane, WUSTL

BAFF213

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2004, 03:58:39 PM »
Just don't take a pic of yourself with a webcam straddled to your computer.
Those are always lame, and you know who is doing it.  Personally, taking
a picture of yourself and posting it on the internet is a bit vain, for guys I mean.  Scan
a picture of you killing a bear or something.  Can't do that with a web camera.

ah whatever, i tried to upload my senior picture from high school and it didn't work (the file was too large).  now i am stuck without a picture and i cant figure out how i got the original picture on there in the first place.

dr_draino

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2004, 09:12:58 PM »
Dude shut up.  Stop fighting the fact that you're an engineer.  How many freakin' engineers do you know that apply to law school?  Tht in itself is pretty damn original.  Couple things to think about:

1)  Your switching from engineering to LAW.  It's not like you're going from engineering to design school or something where you'd really have to show off that creative side of yours. 

2)  Your a good communicator, but not the best creative writer.  I'm not a very good creative writer either.  Usually when I try to do things I'm not good at, I come across looking a lot dumber or uncoordinated than I actually am....just tell the story, don't try to get creative with the language that's used to tell it.

3)  Your love of Buddy Guy is a lot more unique and interesting than the fact that you play guitar (I'm a music nut...we're talking High Fidelity style record collection here and I've never even considered going to the birthplace of someone I'm a huge fan of).

Try this one...I really think its got some meat.  Would even consider it myself if I didn't have a 2.9 I need to tactfully not mention but cleverly provide evidence that shows that it is in the past:

I loved Buddy Guy.  Decided to learn to play guitar to be like Buddy Guy.  Learned it (taught myself, even better).  After learning to play "Mary Had a Little Lamb", my fav BG song ever, I still wasn't satisfied.  While learning guitar certainly gave me a better appreciation of his music, it was still HIS music that inspired me and that I truly loved.  (Throw transmission into reverse from 55mph).  I've always loved learning about how science leads to new technology.  I'm an engineer.  I like it and it gives me great perspective on just how important the details of technology are.  But environmental consultants apply technologies to solve problems, they aren't at the boundry where science is emerging into new technology, which is really what got my juices going when I was a dorky 7th grader that thought he wasn't dorky and new that one day he'd learn to play guitar to prove that he wasn't dorky.  Applying the perspective I've gained as an engineer to patent law will help me better acheive this goal.

btw, I'm a dorky chemist...much dorkier than engineers.  Hell, all my clothes have acid-holes in them, how dorky is that?  So, I'm looking o do the patent law thing to, if you want help shaping that aspect of it, lemme know

F-it.. I dont really have that much that is unique.. About the only thing is I am half british and have been to Europe a bunch.. But, who hasnt traveled overseas?!  In addition, Ive played soccer for my state olympic development teams as I was growing up and went on a European tour with my highschool team.. But, *&^%, thats all way in the past and can be seen on the rest of my app anyway.. Working 8am-6pm every day with two weeks of vacation each year.. its difficult to talk about much that isnt in the past and will set me apart from the crowd.. I mean, I figured engineering is a plus, but I also want to represent myself as a normal dude.. Guitar was all I could think of.. Yes Im a lefty (this also means Im creative.. right?!)   

Thanks for everyones input.. freaky picture dude!

dr_draino

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2004, 09:51:06 PM »
safrole? 

p-chem/instrumentation, not organic...