Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 149, and 3.4 Cal Western, Drake, Creighton, UMKC, Chapman?  (Read 1126 times)

newkirk101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
149, and 3.4 Cal Western, Drake, Creighton, UMKC, Chapman?
« on: September 13, 2006, 01:01:43 PM »
what are your guys' take on my chances at these schools?  I am from the midwest and would not mind working in there or Califoprnia where I currently reside?  If you could rank according to presitige and my chances of acceptance I would appreciate it.  I would guess:

chances:  Creighton, Cal Western, UMKC, Drake, and Chapman
prestige: Chapman, Drake, UMKC, Creigton, and CAl Western

what do you think?

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
Re: 149, and 3.4 Cal Western, Drake, Creighton, UMKC, Chapman?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 05:51:32 PM »
In terms of prestige for the California schools:
1)Chapman 2) California Western

Chapman has a good name in Orange County because of the undergrad. I would consider sending in your application as soon as possible but you will probably need a higher LSAT for Chapman. It is trying hard to raise their numbers.
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

Momo09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 02:03:29 PM »

Chapman has a good name in Orange County because of the undergrad. I would consider sending in your application as soon as possible but you will probably need a higher LSAT for Chapman. It is trying hard to raise their numbers.

I like Chapman.  But now they are cheapening the school by placing all these radio ads to get people to go to the UG.  What the hell is "Chapman University college" anyways?
Bruin once again.

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 02:33:23 PM »

I like Chapman.  But now they are cheapening the school by placing all these radio ads to get people to go to the UG.  What the hell is "Chapman University college" anyways?
I have no idea what Chapman is doing. I think that Chapman College is their extension program similar to the Pepperdine Extension Program. It has a good name in Southern California but it is no where near USC or UCLA. I may put it in the same category as Loyola Marymount.
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

csun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 06:20:58 AM »

I have no idea what Chapman is doing. I think that Chapman College is their extension program similar to the Pepperdine Extension Program. It has a good name in Southern California but it is no where near USC or UCLA. I may put it in the same category as Loyola Marymount.

if we are talking the undergrad., then no i wouldnt put chapman in the same category as LMU.  LMU is, i believe, a step above chapman.

if we are talking about law school, then i would DEFINITELY not put chapman in the same category as LMU.  LMU is, i believe, a big step above chapman.  chapman is more along the lines of southwestern.  even then, southwestern is probably stronger in the So Cal. community.

just my 2cents.

pappahood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 09:02:12 PM »
i just xfered out of UMKC.  it is a total shithole and the job prospects aren't great (very little biglaw, decent small firm scene). 

Most telling however is this: A friend of mine came from far out of state to attend UMKC b/c he loved KC (don't know why) and is a very intelligent, hard working guy.  He was the most optimistic person about the UMKC, law school in general, and would tell people how great UMKC was.  He would regularly defend the professors and administrators in their nonstop @#!* ups. 

Now, as he is a bitter and unhappy 2L who has to be kept away from prospective 1Ls b/c he'll just tell them to stay away.  I used to be the exact same about UMKC, but after transfering, i've had this feeling that i didn't feel for the last year ... happiness.