Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: three personal statement attachments per app allowed?  (Read 469 times)

babyeatsdingo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
three personal statement attachments per app allowed?
« on: September 12, 2006, 12:34:05 PM »
The personal statement prompts in the applications for San Diego and Santa Clara each raise several questions that I could address.  I would need the space of many pages to treat each issue adequately.  I don't find any talk in either application of a limit on the size or number of statement(s) that I could submit.  Must or should I submit a two-page, double-spaced essay or may I submit, say, three separate essays, one per major area of investigation (e.g., why I want to go law school, what qualifies me to do so, who am I etc.)?

jd2bee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: three personal statement attachments per app allowed?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 12:46:12 PM »
I would say contact the schools individually and ask.  That's what I've been doing when i've had questions, and they've been very helpful and responsive.

babyeatsdingo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 12:51:52 PM »
I sent email earlier.  I got an automated response saying I shouldn't expect a reply for a few days.  I'm in a rush of sorts (aren't we all?).  I'll try calling.  Thanks for the pointer.

ColoJen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 01:28:22 PM »
I would consider the quality of your essay.  I think one good, solid essay would be better than 3 separate ones.  Can you tie together some of the things they are asking for?  Again, I agree it's best to contact the school for a definate answer.