Law School Discussion

How long for the LR Bible?

. . .

• View Profile
How long for the LR Bible?
« on: September 12, 2006, 08:24:36 AM »
I'm in a Testmasters class now, and am feeling pretty decent about almost everything. The only thing I am not confident on is LR. I want to get the LR Bible for some extra practice. Do I realistically have time to do the whole LR Bible before Sept 30th? I saw it was 500+ pages. For those of you that swear by it, how long it it take you to go throught the whole thing?

iSalute

• Freedom don't come free
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
Re: How long for the LR Bible?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 08:28:04 AM »
you can read the whole thing in probably about 5 days. putting about 4-5 hours per day in it.

zephyr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 05:32:53 AM »
It's 500 pages, but the font is pretty big and the margins are wide. You could put it away in two weeks without killing yourself.

CaffeineAddict

• Must stay awake...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 08:45:28 AM »
It took me awhile to get through it the first time (about two weeks) because I took pretty extensive notes. I am thinking of rereading it.

Sooner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 09:17:02 AM »
The LR Bible is TMI, in my opinion. I only took a few tips and tricks from it...but I did not worry about adopting the whole system. It's too much to process during the test. I just practiced LR a lot, instead (took about 60 sections). I ended up missing only 1 LR question on the real test, and it was a dumb mistake.

. . .

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 09:27:03 AM »
I am in a Testmasters class and have been doing 100-200 LR questions a week as part of the homework and I am not seeing any improvement in how I am scoring in LR on my practice tests. I feel like there's something I am just not "getting." Any advice???

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 03:03:00 AM »
I am in a Testmasters class and have been doing 100-200 LR questions a week as part of the homework and I am not seeing any improvement in how I am scoring in LR on my practice tests. I feel like there's something I am just not "getting." Any advice???

Ha...i feel your struggle....i took testmasters....and my score went down...instead of up (hey it happens) and it wasn't because lack of work either.....i was doing a lot of the work but not understanding what was going in with the questions....despite taking testmasters and having an awesome teacher (i think the format of the class and having a lot of people in the class with a rushed explanation of things) wasn't for me....

i've only started seeing improvement after religiously going back to the Logical Reasoning Bible for problems with specific types of questions----for example there's one chapter on flaws in the LRB that IMMENSELY helped me figure out a lot of what was wrong with the arguments and stimuli i was looking at....cause even though i took testmasters...they don't teach you all the flaws...they just cover like 2 or 3 major ones....so my advice....go over chapters covering problem areas in LR with the LRB and you should see improvement....

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 08:52:41 AM »
I read a few chapters from it since it is pretty much identical to what TM teaches you.

tp83

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 11:52:14 AM »
I am currently at Chapter 9, it's a little over 500+ pages and I started last Sunday. I've been reading about 2 chapters a day, processing it and continuing with pacing sections and 1 practice test. I find splitting it up like that is better for my own study skills than if I were to try and soak in 16 chapters of LR Bible in one sitting.