Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Schools that DO NOT require LSAT????  (Read 28668 times)

SplitFinger

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
Re: Schools that DO NOT require LSAT????
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2006, 03:18:10 AM »
DOWNY rocks.

My wife and I have also started referring to real-world things as TTTs, which affords both of us tons of amusement.
Emory '09

LSN

bobkoff

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2006, 11:51:20 PM »
DOWNEY YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY A LOOSER, your insecurity is as obvious as your inmaturity. People like yourself are only concerned with prestige and glitz, you want to be able to name drop ivy league law schools while on line at starbucks. the truth of the matter is, I have spoken to 3 people in the last 2 weeks who are very successful California attorneys, who graduated from Taft Law, an online school. Remember my teenage friends, the purpose of going to law school is to PASS THE BAR, PERIOD!!!! Law school is noting more than a 3 year bar prep course. Dont get caught up in all that name brand hype like the other children on these threads

kruddler

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lubbock.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2006, 05:39:39 PM »
I want to go to law school not just to pass the bar, but to get a job. The bar tests things that you likely will never see again, and it tests them on a minimum level. I want decent profs who teach me to think beyond the black-letter law and I want an alumni network that will help me get where I want to go. I also don't want to be in class with someone who calls people "loosers."*

*Yes, I know I've only been accepted to St. Mary's so far, but it's a respectable TTT with real classrooms and ABA accreditation.
GPA: Ha! LSAT: Meh
Attending Texas Tech fall '06

bobkoff

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2006, 08:23:37 PM »
I want to go to law school not just to pass the bar, but to get a job. The bar tests things that you likely will never see again, and it tests them on a minimum level. I want decent profs who teach me to think beyond the black-letter law and I want an alumni network that will help me get where I want to go. I also don't want to be in class with someone who calls people "loosers."*

*Yes, I know I've only been accepted to St. Mary's so far, but it's a respectable TTT with real classrooms and ABA accreditation.
I see, well we have different goals, I am attending law school for the sole purpose of bar passage. I dont want a "job" but rater plan on opening a small law office and be in private practice. I have always been self employed and have no plans of changing that.

sunfunliving

• Sr. Citizen
  • My baby in Haiti....Tamarah
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - sunfunliving
    • View Profile
    • :) Study Guide Info :)
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2006, 07:13:31 PM »
My comment is a bit off topic because the question was if there are law schools that don't require you to take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) --- I am not sure if you realize that there is a direct connection to the skills that the LSAT tests and the skills that one needs to be successful in law school (to a certain extend obviously) --- but also, there seems to be a direct correlation in how people do on the LSAT and how people do on the Bar Exam. The Bar Exam is a timed test much longer and harder than the LSAT.

Thus, I see studying for the LSAT as a preparation for the typical type of thinking analysis that one has to be able to do when in law school and/or taking the bar exam.

Vera :)
LSAT - The PERFECT Study Plan (2,4&6 Month PrepGuide) - ask me about it! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230036283031&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1