Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Prep Test 46, RC, 4th passage...awful  (Read 298 times)

Refused Party Program

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Prep Test 46, RC, 4th passage...awful
« on: September 10, 2006, 10:22:57 AM »
I'm just complaining. The fourth passage in the RC section of Prep Test 46 was terrible. It was boring and the sentences were more convoluted then they needed to be. I'm surprised I got half the questions correct. I blame this section for me not cracking 170.

On a realted note, it's totally frustrating that one RC section can kill your score. Games and LR sections are fairly predictable, but when they can throw garbage like this at you, who knows who you are going to do on the test.

I'm just complaining...

joe23sxe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Prep Test 46, RC, 4th passage...awful
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 03:06:07 PM »
I just took 46 this morning. Yeah, the 4th RC passage was pretty abstract and unclear. When I read it I just kept in mind the following: The examples the author is giving serve to illustrate his point that some laws INDIRECTLY or NOT OSTENSIBLY prevent harm, whereas others -- like those that outlaw murder and abuse -- DIRECTLY prevent harm. Thus, some laws that don't seem to cause harm -- the indirect ones -- are still justified, despite the fact that people don't always realize their function.

Anyways, sounds like you still did pretty well on the thing as a whole.

sponger2004

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 06:27:24 PM »
I agree. I missed 4 questions on the last passage.

jpiesel44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 10:39:39 PM »
I just took the test today as the last Kraplan in-class test.  The passage was pretty dry.  Somehow I only missed one question (the main point, of all things).

That said, doesn't law school involve a significant amount of reading on such abstract topics?  I guess we should get ready.