Law School Discussion

2 and go, or 3 and wait?


  • ***
  • 74
  • The 80's Rule
    • View Profile
2 and go, or 3 and wait?
« on: September 09, 2006, 02:54:23 PM »

So, I was planning on submitting three recommendations to all the schools on my list, but, as usual, there has been a slight change of plans.  One of the professors I was counting on is currently on sabbatical, and can be reached only by e-mail; the problem is, he almost never gets around to checking his e-mail.  In a correspondence earlier this summer, it took him three full weeks to respond to my initial e-mailed greeting.  This time around, it has been four weeks, and I still have had no response with regard to my LOR request.

My other two recommendations (one academic, one professional) will be complete and delivered within the next week or so.  I want these apps in ASAP, and, if I wait on this professor (whose letter will be strong), I am guessing it will be at least a month before that can happen.  My question is this: is it acceptable to send in my "complete" applications now, and submit the third letter of recommendation later on?  What about schools that ask how many rec's I will be submitting?  If I submit now, should I just say "two" and then spring the third one on them when it becomes available?

Thanks for the insight.


Electric Counterpoint

  • ****
  • 429
  • Harvard 2010
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2 and go, or 3 and wait?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 09:14:09 PM »
Curious about this too -- I've got one at LSAC now and another one that should be there in a month. :(