Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help with PS Topic  (Read 1131 times)

sladkaya

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could
    • View Profile
Re: Help with PS Topic
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 11:50:28 AM »
I guess my problem is tying my story into why I would be a good candidate. I have already finished the PS on the first topic. Would somebody like to read it? Also, if anybody wants to hear my bullet dodging story, I can write a rough story. Maybe you can let me know if it I should write about the second topic.

Just PM me if you would like to help.

Thanks again

Your numbers and your resume will be what tells the adcoms why you're a good candidate (well, mostly your numbers).  The job of your PS is to make the adcoms remember you, to make your application stand out.  The bullet-dodging story does that better than anything I can think of.  It's a great idea, go with it.  You can always use your first topic as a "why law" essay for schools that ask for that sort of thing, or re-write it as a diversity statement - something along the lines of "I'm a non-traditional candidate with engineering work experience that makes me somewhat different from a typical law school applicant, but it precisely this experience that will make me a better law student and attorney".  And then go into using your analytical skills, etc., etc. 

Just my two cents.
Accepted: Michigan($$), Northwestern($$$), Vanderbilt($$$), UCLA($$), UT($$$), WUSTL($$$), UIUC($$$$), Notre Dame($$),

Attending: TEXAS !!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sladkaya

Reach

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 01:40:12 PM »
I'm a bit late to the party, but getting shot at is definitely interesting.  Plus, you can talk about integrity, morality, and flat out guts when pursuing something in which you believe.  I think #2 is certainly a good choice.

jackietob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 03:01:05 AM »
I think the fact that people are actually excited to read a draft of your second topic says it all.  Go for it!  I also like the idea of using the EE background as a diversity statement.

utexas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 10:04:20 AM »
Would anybody like to proof either options? I have already written both.

If you would like, I can proof yours as well.

babyeatsdingo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 10:08:46 AM »
I'll read.

zoom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 10:21:14 AM »
I'd would really like to proof them.