Law School Discussion

personalizing PS to different schools

becky

personalizing PS to different schools
« on: September 06, 2006, 09:29:27 AM »
Pretty much all of the schools I am applying to have the same criteria for the PS.  I have my essay written, but it is in no way personalized to any schools yet.  The general consensus seems to be that it's a good idea, but I just don't have any ideas.  Does anyone have some advice for me??  If you would like to read my PS I would be happy to send it to you.  Would it be tacky just to add a couple of sentences to my concluding paragraph?  Help!!  TIA.

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: personalizing PS to different schools
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 09:46:16 AM »
Pretty much all of the schools I am applying to have the same criteria for the PS.  I have my essay written, but it is in no way personalized to any schools yet.  The general consensus seems to be that it's a good idea, but I just don't have any ideas.  Does anyone have some advice for me??  If you would like to read my PS I would be happy to send it to you.  Would it be tacky just to add a couple of sentences to my concluding paragraph?  Help!!  TIA.

Definitely tacky.  Do NOT do that.  Schools can immediately spot that you've just tacked on a few sentences and it doesn't really do anything in your favor.  If you are happy with your ps as is, then don't worry about personalising if it can't be done in a way that doesn't feel forced.

Re: personalizing PS to different schools
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 11:46:46 AM »
I agree.  DO NOT add just a couple of sentences.  If you want to do something to help your chances  and this makes sense with your ps do something for your top choices where you talk about some aspect of the school and make it relate to your ps.