Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Full ride  (Read 18266 times)

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
Re: Full ride
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2006, 07:19:45 PM »
I like Miami, Florida Int is quite tempting.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2006, 07:57:05 PM »
I like Miami, Florida Int is quite tempting.

go to UM b4 FIU
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2006, 08:01:03 PM »
Nah, cant be arsed to make another app.

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2006, 03:05:18 AM »
if you do get into FIU, let me know if you have any questions about the campus, student life, professors, etc.  good luck with your decision.  the debate between miami and FIU, for in-staters at least,  will get tougher and tougher over the next 5-10 years.
FIU Class of 2009

RUMike

• Sr. Citizen
  • I switched it up with a self tar.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mike101985
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2006, 07:22:52 PM »
Full rides at Widener and Drexel, 12/21

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2006, 07:31:27 PM »

Congrats! But public ivy, I think not - and I'm a New Jersey resident! The Ivy League is a sports conference and by denoting anything else as "Ivy" it doesn't really make much sense. Still, there is no way Rutgers could be considered a public Ivy even if public ivies did exist, no matter what a website has to say about it. Anyways, that was my rant - congrats!
Penn Law '09

RUMike

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »

Congrats! But public ivy, I think not - and I'm a New Jersey resident! The Ivy League is a sports conference and by denoting anything else as "Ivy" it doesn't really make much sense. Still, there is no way Rutgers could be considered a public Ivy even if public ivies did exist, no matter what a website has to say about it. Anyways, that was my rant - congrats!

Precisely the problem. The one place where Rutgers suffers, albeit somewhat bizzarely, is in lay prestige in New Jersey. If you talk to someone from out of state, they have a much higher opinion of it. New Jersey firms and corporations, and to a good extent NYC ones (hell, how many schools have had the Empire State building lit up for them), really respect Rutgers. This also goes for Philly, FL, and Cali. And grad schools too- RU is a top feeder school for Fordham and sent a lot grads to t14s last year.

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2006, 02:26:38 PM »

Precisely the problem. The one place where Rutgers suffers, albeit somewhat bizzarely, is in lay prestige in New Jersey. If you talk to someone from out of state, they have a much higher opinion of it. New Jersey firms and corporations, and to a good extent NYC ones (hell, how many schools have had the Empire State building lit up for them), really respect Rutgers. This also goes for Philly, FL, and Cali. And grad schools too- RU is a top feeder school for Fordham and sent a lot grads to t14s last year.

I don't think being a top feeder school for Fordham qualifies one to be a public Ivy, though. Like I said, I don't think public ivies actually exist, but, if they did, I would think they would only include schools like Cal, UMich, UVa, etc. Anyways, congrats on your full-ride! Drexel Law is only a few blocks away from Penn Law (I think?) so if you have any questions on the area the school is located in let me know
Penn Law '09

RUMike

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2006, 04:19:35 PM »
I see what you mean, I suppose.

Anyway, free ride at Hofstra too, 12/23

AspenLizzy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2006, 11:06:15 AM »
I think we need an area of the board dedicated to this "public ivy" debate.  I remember a Fordham alumn telling me when I was admitted to undergrad that Fordham was a "New York ivy"  This makes a hell of a lot of sense when you consider how close it is to Columbia and NYU.  I think his argument may have been greatness by proximity. :D